How do we post pictures?

Discussion in 'Web Site Features/Products' started by kittytickle, Jun 29, 2011.

1. kittytickle

kittytickle New Member

How do we post pictures? Please advise.

2. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

1st you need to create an online photo sharing account with someone like Picasa, Webshots, etc.

I use Picasa and know how to post photos, but different sites have a bit different things you need to do.

Do you have an online photo sharing account?

3. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

You can use any number of image hosting sites like Flickr, webshots, or my preferred, PicasaWeb and embed the link in your post. I chose Picasaweb because it lets me see my pics when I post them. For whatever reason my IT department at work filters the other sites but not Picasa.

Wolfie beat me to it....doh! [:)C]

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

If you click on the Forum button and go down to the bottom of the page ..... there is a Trick and Tips link ....... good info about photos and other things...http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=30812.0

Because we can't and you would not want us to access you computer, photos have to be post on a web sharing site (most are free) for the world (us) to see. I use photobucket the most. I just copy (click on) the IMG CODE and paste it to my reply like this. [​IMG]

5. kittytickle

kittytickle New Member

Thanks for your help. I don't want to use an outside source. I am a weirdo! LOL

6. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

As Raycfe stated.....it's a much safer way to do it. If you could simply post a link to your photos from your hard drive.....anyone could be into your computer in a heart beat with access to all of your personal info.

Photosharing sites like Picasa (Google owned), Photobucket, Flickr, etc are reputable sites. There are also security level filters to enable you to limit who has access to view your photos online.....this is usually 1.)full access; 2.) limited to those who have a link; or 3.) private (only you or whoever has your password).

Another great thing about these photosharing sites (at least Picasa) is that you can order prints and have them shipped/delivered/or you can pick up. I love this because my Grandmother refuses to lay a finger on a computer key board but she's always wanting pictures of DS. So every month or so I just click on a few photos....click prints....put in her address, and away they go ariving at her front porch in a couple days.

There is really no substantial security threat as these are only photos being uploaded to these sites....not really any personal information. Just steer clear of uploading nude photos of yourself if you're running for office.

7. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

[:O]...Uh, yeah, good thinking. I'll be right back. Gotta delete some pics! [:O]

8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

If you have something that you would really like to post .... email to me and i would post it for you.

9. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Another alternative is to use the storage space most ISPs give you. I have Comcast and have a lot of storage space for pictures I want to post on-line.

Upload the images to the storage space and then use image tags in your post here to contain the url of the picture. It's simple and there are no pesky on-line picture sharing accounts to deal with. I dislike all of them.