How do you decorate your camp site

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Hockeymom66, Mar 25, 2013.

1. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

We place the name plaque in front of the campsite with a couple of small plants on each side. Also have two medium sized American flags on the camper. Last thing is a plant or flowers on the picnic table.

2. IGYPup

IGYPup New Member

First I set up my generator, the one with no muffler, then my speakers, have to drown out the generator, down to the store for ice for the keg, next I cut fire wood with the chain saw, now I sing along at the top of my lungs to every song you can't stand, now its time for fireworks [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

3. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

How we decorate depends on who is with us and how long we will camp. I have a portal flag and most often display it some where. I also have a Grandma Gang flag I made to mark our site when the grandkids are there. When my daughter is along, she always puts up tacky lights, while DH and I do not. She prefers binder clips to hang the lights, but we do have used clothes pins before. When we use a table cover, it is functional and not decorative. That is extent of our decorating.

4. Harvardroger

Harvardroger If it feels good, do it! If it hurts, Stop!

5. Sergeant Sooner

Sergeant Sooner New Member

Now that's funny. [:D]

6. Starcraft Away

Starcraft Away New Member

hey I think I was at the site next to you last summer....lol Still have ringing in my ears [LOL]

7. goblinn2

goblinn2 Midlothian, VA

We put up lights, plenty of them , and a lamp post with a led light on top that changes color. We take it all back home with us but we have fun while camping.

John & Fran

ps: we used to decorate the house with about 50,000 lights. Does any body need some?

8. JAH

JAH New Member

Where are these instructions? I want them for my setup. We have a flag all ready for this year.

9. JungleJim

JungleJim New Member

I usually spread some acorns and pinecones aroumd the site to help give it a natural look...

10. lvmycag

lvmycag Member

Love it! Thanks for the laugh! [:D]

11. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

Tablecloth on the picnic table.

Mini-Coleman lantern tacky lights around the awning.

Solor-powered color changing lights stuck in the ground where the awning ropes are staked down.

Family camp sign.

Tiki torches around the fire ring.

12. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

We had a trailer trash theme last year, pink flamingo's tacky japanese lanterns, even had a car in the weeds (toy car that is).

Of course I brought a few lanterns to lite up, Had a dozen going at and given time :D

Not sure what this years theme will be, we are in lake - in - wood campground in PA and they have gnomes everywhere.

Jerry in MA

13. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I guess we don't decorate unless you count the big rug in front of the door of the camper and a plastic table cloth on the otherwise old dirty picnic table. We have a camp sign but I'm not sure where it is. Might have to look for that!

14. br00n0

br00n0 New Member

We don't decorate either. As it was said earlier, we simply enjoy the sight of what Mother Nature has to display.

B.

15. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

I'm in this camp....pretty much, my campsite looks like this most of the time...

[​IMG]

16. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We do have a table cover (nylon ripstop, with rings to use mini-bungees to secure it to the table) and a patio rung, but not for decoration, just grunge reduction.

17. elizabeth583

elizabeth583 Member

Just a couple of flags on our site post, that's it. Now, Halloween is a different story - we put a few things up then.

18. Bjune

Bjune New Member

We ALWAYS put out our clear rope lights. I can see to walk at night. We don't do a lot of decorating. Pup is too small to tote a lot of extras. I do however put out my Popup Portal flag. Bought it when they first came out. Love it. If it wears out better be ready Steve, I wil need a new one. [:D]

19. NotRufnIt

NotRufnIt Total PuP Noobs! But Gettin' Better!

We have a pirate theme for the Arc Royal. Pirate flags hang from both bunk ends. Skull tacky lights surround the awning. Red LED rope lights spiral around the awning poles. The we say Arrrrrrrrghhh We Be Pirates a lot! It's fun! I love to walk the campgrounds and see how folks decorate/personalize their spots!