How Do You Make Coffee (The Juice Of Life)

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by Econ, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Groomporter

Groomporter Active Member

Of course you can always go old school. [:D] I know an 18th century reenactor who was doing a little "coffee house" tent and roasting her own beans over the fire was part of a demo. But the smell of the beans roasting would probable attract all the coffee loving neighbors to you camp...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  2. OR_scott

OR_scott New Member

I’m one of those guys who thinks 2 is one and always try and have 3 sources or ways to do something.
    I use a French press, hand grinder, hand pump nespresso Wacaco, pour over and a $20 Walmart Keurig (which by the way lasts as long as the $150 ones I’ve had from Costco). I tend to boondock and prefer not to start the generator unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  3. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Plastic or silicone drip cups are pretty bullet proof and we leave them in the camper, so we can't forget them. We did forget filters once and used a clean wash rag as our filter.

No one died of caffeine withdrawal during that trip. [8D]

OR_scott likes this.
  4. Groomporter

Groomporter Active Member

Saw someone elsewhere complaining that their their 1400 watt Technivorm coffee maker was too much for their 1000 watt inverter and weren't willing to consider a different coffee maker. They were looking for a solution without having to run a generator just to make their coffee in the morning. I looked up the coffee maker and saw that it retails for about $300 and his rig was a $230K+ Airstream Atlas, I confess I didn't have much sympathy... [:O)] (And couldn't tell if he was just being a troll.)

I confess if we had electricity we'd have something like the maker we had at home until it died that dripped straight into an insulated carafe to stay warm without continuing to draw power.