How early can/should you book for national parks?

Discussion in 'Reservation Systems' started by Doctorphate, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Doctorphate

Doctorphate Member

With the 150 year anniversary next year, day pass entries are going to be free for all national parks across canada. The wife and I are taking the opportunity to spend some time out east seeing some national parks. We plan to stay mostly in national parks as well, possibly provincial parks if they're better.

My question though is how far ahead are you allowed/should you be booking with the national parks?

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

According to the Parks Canada Reservation Service website: "Reservations until March 31st, 2017 are now available at most locations. Reservations for the 2017 summer season will launch in JANUARY." With additional info here: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/voyage-travel/reserve.aspx

Not sure about my northern neighbors, but the popular national/state parks in the US can sell out within days of the reservations opening up. You should probably book as soon as you can, but make sure you understand the cancellation policy.

3. CO Hiker

CO Hiker Active Member

4. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Within hours even. ( Yosemite for June)

5. Doctorphate

Doctorphate Member

Thanks. Yeah they sell pretty quick here for the really popular parks. Although it's my goal to not really attend the ultra popular ones with exception of the bay of fundy.

Thanks Co Hiker but those are all American sites for american parks.