How hard is it to make one of those table to beds?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by RoseTheJinx, Apr 19, 2017.

1. RoseTheJinx

RoseTheJinx New Member

So.... I almost have to top half of my swing top galley disconnected. I just have 2 hoses to go. Before I go ahead and paint it, I measured the height of the bottom piece of the galley (becoming a seat) and it is the same height as the bench across from it. I had been thinking of just making a table for right there... Then I thought, what if I could make it into another bed as well. On the spot for the table bed it comes with, it looks like just a lip the table rests on to make it a bed. Could it really be that simple?

2. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

yes it is that simple. just fold the legs or remove the supports and lay it on the wood ledge in front of the seats.

3. RoseTheJinx

RoseTheJinx New Member

Thank you. I am not very handy. So some of this scares me a little bit. I want to have the popup usable by Memorial Day weekend. So I have a lot of patching to do. Yep, the canvas was in worse shape than thought. So I patch it this year and order a replacement this winter for next year.