How is my popup constructed? 2008 Flagstaff

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by TroySmith80, Nov 18, 2019.

1. TroySmith80

TroySmith80 New Member

I have a 2008 Forest River Flagstaff 176ST MAC

I'd like to install a cargo door so that i can access the storage under the booth seat from the outside of the camper. Are there any framing members that I need to be aware of? How are these things built, is it just a sandwich of aluminum, foam and press-board? Is there even any framing in the thing?

I've searched the internet for pictures of them either being built or repaired, where i could see the structure, and i haven't come up with anything.

Much thanks for any help!

2. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe most walls are sandwiched with not much in the way of framing. The outside aluminum skin is usually not held on by verymuch. You might be able to bend a corner back a bit and get a good look. If not then maybe you have an outlet or something on the inside near the wall you're working with. Pop the outlet out and use something to feel around inside the wall for obstructions.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I would look at the inside first, before cutting the outside.
    I added a door to the rear power cord compartment. I started with a small opening. (that I could cover it I needed to) to fish around inside.