How many PUP forum members are also Motorcycle Enthusiasts?

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Other Activities' started by rob2218, Apr 3, 2014.

1. ChillCo

ChillCo Member

Always did like the Monsters. The 1200 will be tons of fun. That front wheel should see lots of air time.

2. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

1996 Coleman Cheyenne, NTU in 2014

2002 Honda Shadow VT750

Both parked next to each other in the garage waiting for spring!!!

3. catseye

catseye all I remember is dirt...sky...dirt...ambulance

2008 Rockwood 276 HW
    [​IMG]

1976 KZ900
    [​IMG]
    1980 KZ650
    [​IMG]
    2005 V Star 650
    [​IMG]

4. ChillCo

ChillCo Member

Sweet KZ900. I had one for 18 years. Sold it to my son and told him if he ever sells it, I get first dibs.

5. catseye

yeah, I don't ride it anymore, just too heavy for me these days....I don't do any highways anymore, either. Bores and tires me to death. I'm really digging the middleweights now. Tons of torque, handling...better suited for me now...

6. EVguy

EVguy New Member

I have a few bikes at the moment, a 2007 Harley Davidson dyna super glide custom, and for the short trips a electric Vectrix VX-1 upgraded to Lithium.
    Still trying to figure out how to take a bike with the camper.. [:D]

7. ChillCo

ChillCo Member

I would like to see a picture of the Vectrix. The electric motorcycle interest me.

8. catseye

Mee too. I'd like to hear about it and how you like it.

9. Miller

Just cam across this thread...sweet!!

1996 Coleman Cheyenne
    [​IMG]

2002 Honda Shadow VT750

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Firehawk068

Firehawk068 Active Member

Been a motorcycle enthusiast all my life. When I was little, my Dad always owned various bikes, and would take me on rides.

My first bike came in my late teen years. A Honda CR-125, something like this. Only is was well abused by the time I got my hands on it.

[​IMG]

Rode that for awhile, but quickly found out it was way under-powered for me.
    Sold that, and bought a quad. 1990 Suzuki 250 Quadsport.

[​IMG]

Owned various snowmobiles in between, including a Ported, Tuned, and Piped El-Tigre 6000 that was good for well over 100mph.
    It was way faster than it was safe! [:O]

[​IMG]

Learned street-riding techniques by riding around on my Dad's CX-500 Deluxe. (He was always a Honda guy)

[​IMG]

It was around this time (Mid-90's) that I got serious about owning a street-bike, so I took the MSF Rider Safety course, and bought my first Yamaha.
    A 1983 XZ550R Vision. I rode it around NY for about 5 years, and then sold it just before I moved to Phoenix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a few years living without a motorcycle, I had the longing to ride once again, and started searching for another bike.
    Apparently I somehow became a Yamaha guy, cause I ended up with another one. A 1993 Seca-II 600.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I rode it for a couple years, and decided I needed more power, so I began searching for a bigger bike. I ended up with another Yamaha. A 1990 FJ-1200.

[​IMG]

In the meantime, I taught my wife the basics, and paid for her to take the MSF Safety course. She got her motorcycle endorsement, and we were able to go on a few rides together. Once we started having kids, she lost interest and I ended up selling the Seca-II.

[​IMG]

After a whole bunch of upgrades (wheels, brakes, suspension, carbs, exhaust, etc.....) I ended up with the machine that I ride today.

[​IMG]

It handles really well in the twisty stuff, and is real comfortable on longer rides. It has all the power that I could ever need, and my wife will still occasionally hop on the back for a ride with me.
    I mostly have it set up for long-distance touring, and 500+mile days are no problem at all. This is my passion!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh...................Yeah, and he's our Popup. [:D]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Rob-N-Kat

Rob-N-Kat Member

I grew up riding bikes, my first was 100cc Kawasaki when I was 13. My last was a 2010 Harley ElectraGlide Classic which I put on about 50,000 miles in just three years. In 2013 I got creamed by a car here in Tampa and after that I kind of lost my heart to ride as much. Sadly I have been bike free for a couple of years now but I will probably get back in the saddle again sometime in the not so distant future.

12. leningradka

leningradka Spending a small fortune to live like homeless guy

We had an Indian but sold it when kids came along. My husband misses it terribly but people drive so moronically in Phoenix and motorcyclists die every year here. So we decided it was better safe than sorry.

13. Miller

I know how you guys feel!! I haven't taken mine out since 2008, my DW became pregnant with our 1st DS :)
    This is basically how it sat every year for the past 7/8 years...
    I have been very fearful of white knuckle syndrome...

[​IMG]

...than I just brought it back to life last week!!!

[​IMG]

No White Knuckle Fear Here!!!!

[​IMG]

SHE RIPS!!!

14. Rob-N-Kat

Rob-N-Kat Member

I rode for nearly 40 years and always thought it would never be me, until I got hit. I was lucky that I was hit on the rear crash bar and saddle bags and was just spun around and thrown away from the impact. Another couple of inches and my leg would have taken the impact and I might have not been separated from a ton plus of car and a 1000lbs of motorcycle. My grandson was born on the evening of my accident and it scared me how close I was to missing out on that.

15. Miller

Hi Rob!!

I am happily relieved that you were able to be a part of your grandchild's birth, in one whole piece, back in 2013!!!
    As defensively aware of the other guy I ride...I know I can't always see or predict the other guy... And the white knuckle fear enters. A little White Knuckle is healthy!!

My DW is an RN, trauma, O.R., big city hospital and every shift has a bad story she has to experience, and this time of year most are involving motorcycle vs.

I repeat. I am happy to hear your story ended well!!

Ride again or not, family and having fun with family is first and foremost!!!
    That's why we all are here meeting at the portal [:D] [:)C]...We camp with family at our core
    :) [:D] [CP]

16. Rob-N-Kat

Rob-N-Kat Member

Could not agree more. Thanks :)

17. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

I've a 2005 Electraglide FLHTI I've done some touring/camping down through the Virginia mountains but that kind of riding is too much for the wife, who loves to ride more locally.
    These past two or three years I haven't rode as much as I'd like between camping, kayaking, work promotions, and just getting older it's seen a bit of sitting.
    However I'm freshening up all my oils etc. and some good elbow grease cleaning this weekend and plans to get out more this season.
    I'm really liking the new Indian Springfield and think I'm going to give one a demo ride get myself all excited.
    Before that I had a 2000 Kawasaki Vuncan for five years.

18. Austin694

Austin694 Member

I have a 1975 Honda CB360 which is a lot of fun to tinker on. Spends more time taken apart than actual riding. But I like it.
    [​IMG]

19. Rob-N-Kat

Rob-N-Kat Member

Cool, I rode that exact bike back and forth to high school in the early eighties. Awesome to see one again.

20. Ram Freezy

Ram Freezy Member

That makes 2 of us then Rob. My first bike - 1975 Honda CB360T just like this one...

[​IMG]

Next up - a 1982 Kawasaki Spectre 750...

[​IMG]

This one really got the job done - fooled that blond beauty into thinking I was cool enough to date and eventually marry. Sadly, it's been over 20 years since I've been in the saddle. Took a little break to raise a family. Maybe in a few more years after we get them all through college I can look for number 3....hmmm.