How Many Trips Cancelled Due to Virus?

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by scubacamper, Mar 25, 2020.

1. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Wife an daughter cancelled their 3 week trip to the old South. The will resurrect the trip if things open up in time. The only difference is that they would drive out from Calif., and not fly with a cabin full of strangers.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. Melissa Freeman

Melissa Freeman New Member

I really liked Wilson State Park in Kansas.

4. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Aliner adventures in AZ Diamond Supporting Member

So far two camping trips were cancelled. Camping this weekend and Easter. My friends don’t have four season trailers. I have two more trips later this year. I’m crossing my fingers they won’t be cancelled. But if they do, I can go boondocking instead. It won’t be freezing temperatures then.

Happy Camping if you can...[ALPU][PUT]

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

Non-camping trip next month is cancelled. I'm going to take another stab at getting a battery hookup going this weekend. There's a path going down from our back yard to an clearing in the woods behind the manor, and I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort of widening it enough to drag the Starflyer down there. More likely, we'll camp at the pond. Small TTs have made it to that site.

neighbormike likes this.
  6. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Was planning on using spring break (this week) to take the kids to my parents house in KC. Thought I'd work on a cabinet and counter rebuild there where there were more tools, a larger driveway and things to occupy the kids (Grandma and Papa). Plus, my parents are big DIYers so if I ran into trouble, they'd be able to help me figure it out.

They are turning 60 and 61 this year, used to smoke, and dad's fighting off cancer. Decided to stay home and work on the camper another time.

7. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

We rode up to our favorite Va. State Park (Claytor Lake) this morning too see wazz up, pal of mine is the Ranger there, he said they were instructed to go "bare boned" on staff/projects until they receive an all clear...state budget is extreme tight, as April is the big transition month & a crap load of $$$$$$$ is absent from reservations/camp store etc...he's always run a tight ship, has good employees, & stays ahead on stuff, so far so good; I imagine it's the same for the rest of the country as well...

scubacamper likes this.
  8. Tom Jordan

Tom Jordan Active Member

Our spring week of camping at the lake while working, is shot. The COE just closed down our park near the house. Oh well. This working at home is eating up a ton of hours; so no time to do camper work.

FARfetched likes this.
  9. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

20200324_155948.jpg No actual trips cancelled, but all our state parks here in Florida are closed.

Today was day #16 of social isolation for most of us living out here on our property. I've been busy keeping the 1 year old while my daughter works from home. Of the nine of us, only one son and son-in-law have been leaving the property to deliver mobile homes. Work for them has not slowed down at all.

Thankfully, they are in their own trucks and outside. No close contact with people.

I guess you could kind of call this family camping. LOL We do live on a private, wooded property. When I'm on my phone, I'll add a pic of my husband taking our granddaughter up to her house, for a nap the other day. It shows our path between our homes.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  10. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

It's a great park. Not what most folks expect to find in the middle of Kansas. Great stopping off point for those passing through.

Melissa Freeman likes this.
  11. penny

penny Well-Known Member

F85B2678-83DE-4D8D-8B4F-1AA4448EF7E8.jpeg we had a trip planned to a state beach in CA. so that is a no go. It wasn't really camping, just parking in a parking lot by the beach, but our daughter and kids were going to join us. We hope to do it another time. We went camping last week to a BLM park, which was still open. Maybe into the national forests in a couple of weeks, DH has some jobs at home he needs to do. I'd already be there if not.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Rik Peery, Sjm9911 and Arlyn Aronson like this.
  12. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Pictures??

13. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Two reservations for the same week! First Salt Springs closed so I reserved our favorite site at our local State Park and it's now cancelled! Making the best of it though, Got the PUP setup in the back yard doing some maintenance and doing on and off camp backyard until we off lockdown and can actually go somewhere. We could have went to the family farm, but no one has lived there in years and it's extremely over grown and will almost certainly have a major mosquito problem. Keeping alligators out of the pond had become a frequent battle the last several years my parents lived there. Had one almost 7' that when after Dad's dog a couple times. Dad paid a visit to the pond and brought his 30-06, the problem was over until the next one showed up. If we hadn't already decided to sell it I'd go do some cutting back and use it some.

14. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Well-Known Member

We just got home last night from our annual winter/spring trip; about 8 weeks earlier than planned.
    :(
    We left two weeks ago and headed down to Texas to visit family for a week or so. From there we were going to head to Lake Whitney and spend a couple of weeks at the SP there. After that, we planned on heading further west staying at SPs in central and western Texas, and then going to Utah and staying at different NPs there. Wanted to see if we could get to the north rim of the Grand Canyon before heading home.
    With this virus, and the grocery stores having problems keeping their shelves stocked, then Utah basically closing everything down, we decided to cancel our trip and head back home.
    Can not begin to say how disappointed I am.

Sjm9911 and Rik Peery like this.
  15. Rik Peery

Guess the whole state of NY is on lock down? Had to call ABC storage in Evans Mills yesterday to straighten out son's vehicle monthly charge while he's on deployment, finally got ahold of someone, seems most everything is closed...

HappyTraveler likes this.
  16. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Jackson’s like a ghost town. NP closed. It’s our normal off season but obviously very different. Voluntary lock down in town hoping the early season folks don’t come. At least we can still fish D169A24D-FD8B-4E63-855F-96C4D0A93DF6.jpeg 9E16EA74-6FF7-48A1-A453-908AEF484E63.jpeg 316EB856-EEE7-4F1A-B7B9-32578151F105.jpeg

Amybejo, FARfetched, kcsa75 and 4 others like this.
  17. Rik Peery

Dang dude, postcard grade pics there...all the Va. Fed & state parks are closed now, lot of voluntary closures of stuff in rural areas as well in anticipation of folks fleeing south...4/30 is the last day of closures as of now, but that'll probably change...

gladecreekwy likes this.
  18. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

Yup, most businesses are closed down. I drove to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things at lunch time and there was hardly any traffic. We can't even turn in our son's plates at DMV. He was in a car accident and we are waiting on the other drivers insurance company. It happened on Ash Wednesday and we still are waiting.

Attached Files:

19. Rik Peery

Dang...Gov closed all the beaches here today due to large groups of people hanging around on the boardwalk/sand etc, "stay at home" in effect until June 10th for now; hope y'all get it settled...had our end of month camp trip canceled, 2 more will auto cancel w/ auto refunds, just bought a new teardrop lol...Camp Driveway now open...

20. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Wwwweeeeeellllll I did try to restart a boon-docking thread and got no takers.

gladecreekwy and BillyMc like this.