How many trips this year?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by wiscgeocamper, Sep 14, 2010.

How many trips did or are going to get in this year?

1. 1

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. 2

7 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. 3

15 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. 4

25 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. 5

19 vote(s)
    14.2%
  6. 6+

65 vote(s)
    48.5%
  1. lpm

lpm EH?

Well, our trips this year started with

3 days during May long weekend,
    3 weeks in July doing the Lake Superior Circle Tour,
    3 days in August,
    4 days in September, planning another 4 days in September,
    long weekend in October (Cdn. Thanksgiving) and
    4 or 5 days right after for a star party in Algonquin.

2. PATMD

PATMD SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

29 DAYS CAMPING THIS YEAR.
    PATMD [CP]

3. sehuff903

sehuff903 1985 Palomino MXL

Got pup in Aug. 2009, made a 3 day weekend on Labor Day. Then was laid off job I had for 20 years. Took three months to find another job, then got caught up on bills. Never thought about getting rid of pup, it was paid for and would have come in handy if worse came to worst and I had to relocate for new job.

Memorial Day - Blanco SP
    July 4th - Cooper Lake SP / South Sulphur
    Mid August - Cooper Lake SP / South Sulphur
    Labor Day - Cooper Lake SP / South Sulphur

Hopefully 3 or 4 more weekends before the new year if time, money and pup repairs permit.
    Oh, I almost forgot, living in Texas gives us a year round window for camping. I love it.

4. KellyH

KellyH New Member

This weekend will be our 7th weekend camping this season...the first 5 in a tent, and one in the pup. We've been splitting the trips up between the two closest state parks to us...Alum Creek and Deer Creek. This weekend is Deer Creek :)
    Next month we're making the trip to Fort De Soto Park in beautiful Florida !! Five nights camping [CP]
    We make the trip to FL every year, but never towing a pup ! Up for the adventure !

5. Manper

Manper New Member

memorial day weekend @ camp dick
    fathers day weekend @ collegiate peaks
    4th of July weekend @ columbine
    sons 4th b-day weekend @ camp dick
    anniversary weekend @ olive ridge
    our weekend away @ cold springs
    labor day weekend @ collegiate peaks

All in Colorado 20 nights total

6. wiscgeocamper

wiscgeocamper Waukesha, WI

We have one more, this year, at the end of Sept. to Pine Woods campground in SE Wisc. All in all, a good year...still have all my fingers, beer was always cold, and the rum never ran out.

7. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

9, but all but one were just overnighters. We've got one more scheduled trip on the horizon for a meet in NC and possibly an overnighter or two to our local state park working out "our" kinks in the N2Us Apache.

8. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Not as many as we would like due to unforseen circumstances. We hope that from this point forward we will be able to go more frequently.

9. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

We've only gone on 2 this year with another one planned for early October, but this is the first year that the PUP is actually ours. I plan on many more next year. I would like to at least once a month April thru Oct.

10. keven

keven New Member

Do to my work load we have only gone 4 times this year with maybe 1 more.. We really miss it since we use to go twice a month..

11. wcasey5

wcasey5 New Member

zero trips this year, circumstances don't allow. My wife is in a very intense school in the medical field and my son started his first year in college. So no camping this year. Next year however, will be a different story. My kids used the camper in the back yard, I drank a few wobbly pops and thought about the good times, and inhaled the smell of canvas. But that is it. [:(]

12. Duff

Duff New Member

30 nights camping so far this year. Might make 40 by the end of the year.

Gotta LOVE Colorado camping. Year around and free disbursed camping in the forests.

13. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We were going to have our final trip with the pup next weekend, but looks like our DS soccer game scratches the trip!! [:(]

Would have been four trips!

Maybe the fields will be to wet after all this rain [{}=] and it will be canceled then we can go camping!! [SUN] [A]

14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I put trip #8 on the calendar over the weekend. Made reservations at Grand Canyon for the 1st week of Nov. It would probably be fine FCFS (they go to that later in Nov.), but the site we had it the spring was available. We liked the location and it was level, both pluses. Actually having plans makes it less likely we'll decide not to go.
    We've been there twice in the same time frame [backpacked it last year], so know the weather can be great, even if the days are pretty short. So, as long as the weather holds and my foot heals, one more trip for the year.

15. dgarbers

dgarbers New Member

We had a bummer of a spring starting at the beginning of our camping season, which is February. (Yes, it's a mite chilly in February, but that's what hot cocoa is for. And flannel shirts. We love camping when it's cooler and not crowded.) We had such a rainy winter and spring and then such a blazing hot summer that we didn't get to camp much. This Fall is way too busy also. I'm hoping for drier weather and more camping trips!

16. jasf

jasf New Member

7 trips out & 2 campbackyards.

17. omit

omit New Member

Only 1 trip out this year, with 1 more planned... Family had too many summer activities (sports, summer camps, etc...) way too many conflicts.. [:(]

18. Noni

Noni See ya' out there !

In all honesty, not enough trips this year due to work. But we are looking at few this fall and winter including the Ft. Wilderness camp in Disney.

19. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We just added the 9th trip, for Thanksgiving - with the caveat that it is definitely weather dependent. Dead Horse Point SP in Utah - we'll have electricity, so that will help. [Usually we go to Tucson for T-giving, but it got canceled this year due to illness in or friends' family, so we're making the best of it.]

20. peppster66

peppster66 New Member

we were able to make it out 6 times this year, for a total of 18 nights, Port Burwell provincial park, 6 nights, on lake erie, went twice,, Bon Echo provincial park went twice,6 nights, also went to Arrowhead for 3 nights, and went to Killbear for 3 nights on thanksgiving. I think we did welll for our first year of camping, and buying our nu2us pup. next year will hopefully be even better,, thanks,,,,josef,,,