How much Stuff are you carrying??

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by mostlyok, May 7, 2012.

1. mostlyok

mostlyok We're Mostly OK!

How much stuff do you have?

http://community.webshots.com/album/582758953YrrNao

We were surprised at how much stuff was in the Popup.
    And we couldn't load much in when it was closed, so all of this was always on-board. And that does not include the Screen room, outside stove, pop-up Gizmos, Bal Leveler, solar panel, rug-all of which we left for the next lucky owner. no wonder it weighed in at a hefty 3,440# when loaded. Oof da.

Also, really strange to see our Pup online now.
    http://www.northtrailrv.com/inventory/search/stocknumber/6231-2?make=0&model=0&used=1&vehtype=7&year=0

We will be at Tomoka SP May 22-25 if anyone is there. We are getting someone to come and watch my Mom for us.

Heidi :)

2. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

I keep the Cobalt pretty packed, but nothing like what you could stuff into a Niagara. I think mine tops out at about 1700 lbs.
    MR

3. tnebell

tnebell New Member

Holy COW! And I thought we had a lot of stuff! I'm no where near your amount!
    LOL

4. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

We pack a few things. [:D]
    I have to have an inventory sheet just so I can remember where everythings located.
    [​IMG]

5. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Good Lord! Dave

Now that is what I call organized. LOL!

Sharon

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We have a checklist, but nowhere near that organized.
    We carry a good assortment of stuff, but a lot of it is in the TV (food, cooking equipment, etc.); there is more space in the Cobalt than the previous pup, but it is still limited. We take everything out for the winter, so we use that opportunity to weed out extra stuff. This year, we're also re-arranging things a bit, we took three trips in the Cobalt last year, after just transferring all the containers from the old pup, which gave us ideas on what we wanted/needed to change. We also repack the equipment that goes in the car at the beginning of the season.

7. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

We are going on our longest trip ever. 6 nights. And plan to take note of what we use and don't use. And then weed out the pup. If its not needed in 6 nights. Then we probably don't need it at all right. LOL!

Sharon

8. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

Holy Cow! I thought I had a lot of stuff and was just thinking after this last weekends little camping trip about how we needed to bring it down a notch. Gotta say, nothing close to as much stuff as the OP or RhinoDave. I've found that the more stuff I have, the more time I spend setting up/breaking down and cleaning which are all my least favorite camping chores.

9. tnebell

tnebell New Member

O.M.G.!!! I am most definitely NOT that organized. I go so far as to insist ONLY kitchen items go into one container, ONLY linens are allowed in another one, ONLY dried goods and other foodstuffs are allowed in another one. LOL And I thought I had it bad!

10. mr pep

mr pep Member

What program did you use to build this spreadsheet?

11. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

I don't WANT to be that organized.

12. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

Jun ..., eh, STUFF ... has a way of accumulating. Every so often it simply became necessary to cull the rarely/never used stuff out because of the weight factor. Not to mention packing it back up to come home again. Hard to get over that "well, maybe I might need to use that sometime".

13. Rockies Bill

Rockies Bill Runnin' with the pack!

I don't either. Not to that degree anyway [:O] Or.......maybe I should hire you to complete my camper [:D]

14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We pretty much weed unused items - however, certain things don't get eliminated under that criteria - things such as the small air compressor (we use it every year or 2, being able to re-inflate someone's tire in the boonies is really handy), extra clothing for rain, heat or cold when the weather hasn't gone in that direction, repair or first aid supplies, etc. etc.
    Some items are considered for each trip as we pack and go over the gear list. For instance, for our first trip this year, we most likely will not take the table canopy, we'd only use it at one campsite, so we can depend on the pup if we need shelter to cook and eat.

15. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

It's just a powerpoint presentation. It's pretty easy to maintain and update as needed. The niagara does have a bunch of room so I do tend to keep things in it that I do not need on every trip but I also don't want to spend a bunch of time trying to figure out what I do or don't need on every trip and if it got packed. On some trips I will go to both modern and rustic campgrounds so if I have the supplies I need for both already in the PUP I just check them off instead of trying to figure out where I last stored them. The real battle comes at the beginning and the end of each season when the DW and I start arguing over what things could come out or need to go in. We did get rid of the microwave last year. [:D] The collapsable cooler however, had to stay. How else could I keep the beer cold when kayaking? I do have a separate packing list that I use for packing the toys and other supplimental items that are not stored in the PUP. Cycling and kayaking supplies as well as addtional camping items like extra EZ ups, hammocks, gas grills etc. are all listed on the other checklist and get loaded only as needed.

16. chiefbowes

chiefbowes Member

All i can say is WOW!!!! We used to have everything and 2 and 3 of other things, but trimmed hard this year. I like the list idea so DW can find things.

17. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

OK! So I, too was impressed with RhinoDave's powerpoint organization. My first thought was he is just like my husband's side of the family. I looked at his webshots and found the page. Then I clicked on Dave's bio...hmmm he's an engineer...Eeeyup, he's just like them. They are a family of engineers, except for my MIL, she's a teacher like me. [:D]

That also explains the thorough advice he gives and the attention to detail in his mods.

Thanks for sharing RhinoDave...I want to be organized, but I probably won't be to that level. :)

18. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Rhinodave, What happened to the beds? Did you take em out to make room for your stuff heh

19. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

LOL! That is a good one. [LOL]

Sharon

20. pgordemer

pgordemer Guest

Here is another way to do the same roadmap like Dave has. This is done by getting a picture of the floorplan from the makers website brochure, then some quick text in Microsoft Publisher. Simple to update.

[smg id=4334]