How Much ?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by doglover44, Jan 19, 2009.

1. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

4 different P'ups since 1986, total cost about $2000, and have gotten most of that back in passing them along.
    never camped in HTT $5200

2. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

We paid $4200 for our ntu 2003 Jayco Qwest 12A, bought in May of this year.

It was kept in a heated garage from one owner, barely used since bought new and kept in immaculate condition. We couldn't pass it up.

Melissa

3. gunther

gunther CPL USMC

$1900, Palomino Filly 2000, it has everything our old colt did not have and then sum.

4. Stewbod

Stewbod New Member

We paid $3,900 for a gently used 2005 Fleetwood Yuma with Yakima bike rack (4) and dual LPG bottles.

5. bagobutler

bagobutler A bad day camping is a good day living.

I paid $100 for a 1987 StarCraft Starstream. I'm a sucker for a project and have enjoyed the challenge, but it isn't for everyone. I have a total of about $400 and maybe 90 hours of work into it. Loving the old girl. Looking forward to a six day camp starting tomorrow afternoon.

6. Gixxer1

Gixxer1 New Member

1500 bucks for a 97 clipper

7. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

Just noticed I congratulated someone but never answered myself.

I dropped 10K for my Fleetwood Evolution E3. I had found one for 9K, but it was out West and I would have spent more in gas than I would have saved to get it

Also about to trade my Jeep on a vintage Travel Trailer for my wife.. She wants something she can turn the cute up in and restore to better than former glory for girl trips and weekends without the kids (she's a artist so things tend to get crazy when we restore things). I think I may have created a camping monster. Haha.. Little does she know I'm already looking at vintage trucks from the same year to restore

8. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Member

I just got me a 1988 Coleman Columbia off CraigsList $450...kinda rough and needing some good loving (like new canvas/cushion covers) some wood and a serious deep cleaning. Its my first, and going to be a work in progress for this fall, still probably going to take it out as it is just to get out once the local parks start to empty out.

Chris

9. crgshhn

crgshhn New Member

$2750 for a 2002 Coleman Cottonwood. Very good condition. Came fully stocked with all camping gear, towels, a tabletop gas grill, and very clean. A/C, awning, king and full size beds, inside/outside stove, 3 way fridge, electric brakes. We've only driveway camped so far but we are very happy with it. And to beat all, after looking for many months, we found this one on Craigs list and it was only about 15 miles away in the next county over from us. Need to mount LP tank on it and get a battery for it.

10. robertmelancon

robertmelancon Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

$4500 for the Coleman Westlake, 2002 model year. Garage kept by a guy even more fastidious than me. No water damage, everything works, even the tires are original and in great shape. In fact, the original sheets are still brand new, so it was almost like driving it off the showroom without worrying it might be a lemon. Loving it so far, just need to relax and use it more!

11. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Paid about $6,000.00 in May 2012 for a brand new Jayco Sport 8 with awning, 3 way fridge, Propane Furnace & marine battery. Also got a tin of the best soft chocolate cookies we ever had (with reciepe) and a bunch of can cozzies. bought the 8 footer due to towing limitations, a small area in our driveway where we could store it, and the fact that it's just DH & I and perfect for us - having the time of our lives with it!

12. djs94124

djs94124 New Member

I recently paid $7995 for a slightly used 2012 Starcraft Comet 816. It has almost all the options (3-way fridge, furnace, electric water pump, marine battery, in/out stove, etc.) except for the bag awning, so I'm looking for one of those. Have camped in it once so far, looking to get some Fall camping in. Everything works as it should, and I've had no problems.

Went with the smallest model (8ft box, 12 ft towing length) so it would fit in my not-so-large San Francisco garage.

13. CREEPPINGCHARLIE

CREEPPINGCHARLIE CAMPING RECHARGES THE HUMAN MIND

Bought the Niagara new loaded just under $17,000. I did trade in another trailer and got about $5000 for it. [8D] [PU] [PUT]

14. boopheads

boopheads I'd rather be camping

$2,600 for our 04 coachman clipper. Spent $150 for new cable

15. Abrams1997

Abrams1997 Member

We paid $1 to haul off our 2001 Palomino Mustang. What a blessing it has been. We have about $500 in a ceiling repair, new fabric for cushions and curtains and other repairs on the exterior. Love it! Took it out two nights before school started for me and the kids but hoping for 4 more nights by October.

16. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

That's awesome.

17. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

I just brought home my first camper/pup.

A 1986 Starcraft SLE 16 for $700, needs some tlc but I'll be good, hopefully!!

18. mnmjacob

mnmjacob New Member

Just paid $4900 for used 2008 Fleetwood Bayside

19. vanjr

vanjr New Member

We paid $4000 for a used 2003 fleetwood mesa in 2011 or so.

20. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I paid $900 for a '92 Coleman Destiny Royale. Canvas has a few patches, screens have a few tiny holes, faucet needs repair/ replacement (it leaks). Otherwise it has full and queen bunks and a dinette that turns into a twin. Awning, sink, 3 burner indoor/outdoor stove. 1 propane tank.
    It has those few issues but I'm still thrilled [:D]