How to buy a replacement bag awning

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by jezter6, May 24, 2016.

1. jezter6

jezter6 New Member

Looks like it may be a better option to just fully replace my trimline bag awning.

I measured the main beam...10 feet, 8 1/2 inches.

Is that an 11' trimline awning? I'm guessing the extra 3.5 inches is the bag enclosure which has to be slightly bigger just to accommodate storing the whole awning...

Ideally, I'd like to be sure to get the exact same one so that the ball socket things mounted on the camper will be already in the right place.

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

3. o740c314i9xt

o740c314i9xt Member

Bear Creek Canvas, Spencer WI will replace awning bags.
    I'm guessing about $150 ($50 ship to + $100 repair & ship back).
    Contact Alan at 800-701-8368

4. 5cvlabrenzs

5cvlabrenzs Member

My awning bag was coming apart at both ends, mostly at the zipper. I called around to a couple canvas awning & sign companies and found one that put in a new 8' heavy duty zipper and fixed holes for $45. Can't be too demanding about the timeframe, because most of these guys will do it as a time filler between larger commercial jobs.

5. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

6. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

My STARCRAFT AWNING had an ID TAG on the edge of the awning tarp about a foot in from one side which gave the exact number of the model... Look for that on yours...

My BAG is really coming apart now and I have been flipping my whole assy up on the roof and using stretch ropes to secure it for travel... So far so so haha...

Haven't started looking for a new one yet... My camper is a 12-foot box and the awning goes almost to both ends for guess it is an 11-foot size... Nothing wrong with my awning fabric or anyone of the poles etc... Just the bag where it slips into the groove on the side of the roof and zipper is going bad. Since that is all sewed together makes it harder to deal with... We have a bunch of BOAT FABRIC repair places around here being close to the bays so that might be a good place for me to check out...

I guess I am doing good time used wise. My POPUP is a 2008 model...

[​IMG]
    google image

Roy Ken

7. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

THIS!^^

I just picked up my shiny new awning bag from a local tent & awning shop as well. $75 for a new bag, new zipper and a few patches on the awning itself. Money well spent.

8. Dovid

Dovid New Member

I recently had mine fixed at a marine upholstery business for about 90 bucks I had no bag so I had to rig up something myself using 4 cam straps shown above and then underneath the bead use to attach the awning to the trailer see pics

Attached Files: