How to get stains out of the canvas?

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Hugeez, May 12, 2013.

1. Hugeez

Hugeez New Member

How do I get stains out of the canvas? Have stains in the roof canvas and on the awning. I have a 2008 Rockwood Freedom. I have tried diluted bleach/water but did not help much. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance

2. jeanmariemc

jeanmariemc New Member

I used Mean Green. It's strong so you have to rinse thoroughly and re-waterproof that spot but it works magic. Found at Dollar General.

3. mv520

mv520 Member

What kind of stains do yo have? Brownish watermark stains, black mildew, grease, aluminum dust, smashed bug residue, etc.
    Oxyclean works well on some things.

4. postnetnc133

postnetnc133 Member

Oxyclean did a decent job cleaning the canvas in general. Got rid of some mildew and basic stains. What about black mildew stains. What is strong enough for that?

5. mark.sibole

mark.sibole New Member

gunna try to use a handheld steam cleaner on mine.Ill let you know how it worked out.Im almost done with all of the repairs on the roof untill fall then I have 1 panel ill replace.