How to patch canvas bunk end?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by DansAndDogs, Apr 19, 2010.

1. DansAndDogs

DansAndDogs New Member

What is the best patch for a gaping whole with rought edges in my bunk end? The canvas has vinyl over it on the bunk ends, so whatever I use will be adhering to the vinyl.
    Thanks.

2. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

got a photo of the area perhaps? it may help in deciding the best way to go about this...

however if it is going to be on the vinyl only, fo to any marine/rv dealer and get a marine vinyl patch kit....

3. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

I'd agree with the marine vinyl patch kit. The patch would be applied to the outside and glued following the instructions in the kit. Don't try to oversew the vinyl patch - you'll just be putting holes in your roof.

If you want to stitch a patch over the rip from the inside, then glue the vinyl patch to the outside after that, that would also work. It'll probably give you a bit more strength. Just be careful not to put your stitches too close together. Keep them so that you have about 4-5 stitches per inch. Any more stitches than that per inch and you're just perforating the vinyl, and it'll rip.