How To Setup Your BAL Leveler (The Movie)

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by PopUpSteve, Aug 28, 2007.

1. engco231

engco231 New Member

THANKS THIS VIDEO WAS A BIG HELP. [:D]

2. skramer

skramer New Member

Steve,
    Cool video. I just recently purchased our first PUP and am looking forward to our first outing in the spring.

"Not to nitpick", but I hope I don't run into gijoecam at a campsite somewhere...i bet that guy couldn't help but comment that the towels on our clothsline are crooked or that the kids shoes aren't lined up perfectly in order outside the PUP. Relax dude, you're camping. Leave the slide rule and the pocket protector at home.

3. skramer

skramer New Member

Funny...

I just spent 10-15 minutes looking up some of GIjoes posts and I had him pegged! REALLY technical, and he's the guy around the campfire that has all the answers. A must read for those of you who have a few minutes to kill.

4. Mc7

Mc7 New Member

Thanks so much to Sharon for posting pics of the wood pad mod for 12" tires. Outstanding idea! [:D]

5. carlr

carlr New Member

How does the BAL Leveler work on 1" tires? I thought I read on this site something about that but now I can't find it.

6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

1" tires? What are you pulling, Barbie's Dream Camper? With 1" tires you could just fold a empty book of matches over a few times until it's level.

7. carlr

carlr New Member

Oh MY. That should be 10" Tires. I guess I didn't use preview.

8. Mc7

Mc7 New Member

9. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Looks like an awesome device. We're maybe a five minute drive from Camping World, so I may just have to go down and look at one in person. Question - on potentially soft ground, would it be a good idea to put some kind of pad beneath the BAL leveler, such as squares of plywood or something, to make sure it doesn't start to sink in?

Right now, I have a chunk of 2x6 under the low side wheel to level the trailer in our yard, with the stab jacks down on four more squares of 2x6. I was considering a set of the interlocking plastic blocks for leveling, though here in Tucson I would not use those for any long-term parking (the intense sun in these parts is brutal on exposed plastics).

The biggest reason I have it leveled and the stabs down for parking at home, is we do not have it in a fenced yard. Recently, some thief just hooked up and stole our old Datsun truckbed utility trailer, and while I don't think the Popup would be quite as much a target for thieves, I've tried to make it as inconvenient as possible for someone to try and pull it away. Between two locks on the hitch, and all four stabs down, they could still steal it if they were determined, but they're going to have to take a little more time to do so.

The new utility trailer has two locks on the hitch, a tow-chain locked around a tree and the axle, and a U-lock through the opposite wheel and around the axle.

10. T-Rex

T-Rex Jesus Saves!

Thank you Steve. Your video was very well done. 8)

11. Andianna

Andianna New Member

Thank you Steve we just purchased one for our PUP and the visual is more helpful than the written instructions. [HY]

12. CivilizedOne

CivilizedOne Member

I just realized with this device, once on site, it allows me to ROTATE our camper in any direction for the best views and setup as I no longer need to use the TV for leveling!!!

That’s a giant killer.

Amazon here I come!