How To Sleep Warmer w/o Electricity

Discussion in 'Cold Weather Camping' started by Queen-B, May 8, 2009.

1. tjcamp

tjcamp New Member

That's the worst! We never had potty in camper, not so bad in warm weather to scoot over to the bathhouse, but when it's cold..BRRRRR

2. Travelhoveler

Travelhoveler New Member

We just flick the furnace on for a moment. Warm up the camper, turn it off, and go to sleep. Turn it back on for a little bit in the morning to warm up the camper before dressing.

We love cold weather camping these days because our little furnace keeps us warm and cozy when we want to be.

3. Xolthrax

Xolthrax Franconia, Pa.

Franconia, Pa. Butter capital of the East
    That is a great thing, but mine is one of the "cold feet" variety. I call her a "heat vampire" because she will suck every semblance of warmth you had right out of your body.

Scorp28 had some great suggestions. Although I haven't tried the naked sleeping, the other suggestions are spot-on. When I'm teaching Scouts how to keep warm, we always have them make sure they are in dry clothes (wet=instant cold) and do something that will get their blood pumping, but not make them sweat (because wet=cold). Dry socks are especially important. We also tell them to put their clothes for the next day at the bottom of their sleeping bag. Their body heat will warm them up. Nothing sucks the energy out of you like getting up on a cold morining and putting on cold clothes (except maybe a heat vampire).