How to tell the right size cover to order?

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Lost in Space, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Lost in Space

Lost in Space Active Member

Brought home our 2019 Aliner Expedition yesterday. YAHOO.
    I want to order a cover for it. It is a 15' box. Empire covers has Size C for 12'-15' box or Size D for 16' to 17'11" box. I'm concerned the Size C may be too snug.
    Any thoughts? Also which brand or quality level do you recommend and why?
    Thanks...

2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

I got mine from e-trailer last year, can't remember the name, bout $100; they'll answer any questions & can recommend the right one, mine's a Ranger 10, mine covers the spare & propane tank...

3. gec66

gec66 Active Member

I would go with the size C assuming you don't have a front storage compartment or other add-ons to consider. Not familiar with Empire as I've always used ADCO covers. Short of ordering a custom made Sunbrella cover from ADCO or any other company that will do that you can expect to replace just about any other cover every other season, but it has been worth it IMO. Keeps my pup looking nearly new despite it remaining outside year-round.

Rik Peery and bheff like this.
  4. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Avoid these from eTrailer. Two years and the cover is turning into powder. "Heavy Duty" it is not.

Classic Accessories Deluxe PolyPro III Heavy-Duty Pop-Up Camper Cover - 10' - 12' Long

Item # CA80039

DiamondGirl and Lost in Space like this.
  5. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

I have a brand new factory cover still in the box. Not sure where it is but its probably in the attic.

6. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Well-Known Member

So far... I’ve gone through 2 ADCO Covers and they both weren’t cheap. I have my Aliner under a Carolina Carport without direct sun. Both covers barely made it through 1.5 years. I replaced them after getting VERY torn up and fell off. I’m now on my 3rd cover from a different brand with a 5 year warranty. I’m hoping it does better than the ADCO covers. My ADCO cover had a one time replacement so a I only paid the upgraded price difference on the 2nd cover which was supposed to be better quality and last longer but WASN’T.

Let’s see how long the 3rd cover will last.

Good luck.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

7. Lost in Space

Lost in Space Active Member

Thanks. I bought an Empire cover. Hopefully in 3-4 years you'll see a post about how well it has lasted...lol

Rik Peery likes this.
  8. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

[LOL] will be expecting that review under the title "The Empire Strikes Back"...maybe give a sitrep every 6 mos. lol

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Lost in Space likes this.