Howdy from Texas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TxHunter72, Sep 17, 2013.

1. TxHunter72

TxHunter72 New Member

Hey ya'll,

New to forums and camper ownership. We purchased a very slightly used 2002 Coleman Niagara last week for $3K from a family member. It hadn't been used in about 6 years and only about 10 times prior to that. It was stored indoors until about 6 months ago. We're in the process of cleaning it and fixing a few minor issues (broke drain pipe under sink, replace original tires, repair banged up access door and rear bumper). So far we've been really fortunate, all the major systems seem to be in proper working condition. The canvas is in excellent condition, no rips, tears, mold...nothing. Like I said, so far everything seems to be working great, just very dirty and dusty but we've knocked out most of that.
    We're new to the camping thing although I've spent the vast majority of my life hunting and fishing so I have quite a bit of time in the woods. We have 2 kids, a 10 year old daughter and 5 year old son. This past March we purchased a Sea Ray 220 Sundeck and spent the whole summer on the water. With summer coming to a close in Texas we need something else to do on the weekends with the kids. We thought camping and four-wheeling (we have a pair of Polaris ATV's) would be something fun for the whole family.
    Anyway, that's our story. Look forward to meeting some new folks on here and hopefully see some of you out on the trail. If anyone has any good suggestions of campgrounds in the Hill Country I'd be interested, especially if they allow offroad vehicles. We're just looking for some fun new places to see and explore. Thanks everybody!

-Forgot to mention, we live in NW Houston.

2. Clausens

Clausens New Member

Welcome from Florida!

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Welcome from a former Texas resident (San Antonio) who now lives in the great Pacific Northwest.

4. abc123

abc123 New Member

Welcome, we are just down the road from you in Beaumont. We are however over in H town at least every other week. Some very nice State Parks right by you. We hope to move to Montgomery, Conroe area just after my wife can retire as a teacher at age 51, 4 more years. Really like Spring and the Woodlands, Tomball....so much to do over there.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

[:D] Welcome from Connecticut, happy and safe camping, enjoy and have fun. Glad you stopped by PopUpPortal. [CP]

6. chippers

chippers New Member

Welcome to the forum and to camping! Sounds like you got a good deal on a good new to you PUP. Congrats and Enjoy! You'll make great memories with your family.

7. apesydaisy

apesydaisy New Member

Welcome from the Beaumont area!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

8. GeorgeHahnemann

GeorgeHahnemann Active Member

Welcome from Central Ohio.

9. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Hello from Pennsylvania. Welcome to the site.

10. Roy and Janet Bowman

Roy and Janet Bowman Poppin' Up from Aggieland

Howdy from Aggieland!

11. TxHunter72

TxHunter72 New Member

Thanks ya'll for the warm welcome! Nice to be here on the PUP forums.

Howdy AggiePopup! WHOOP! Class of '94 here, how about you?

abc123 - good to hear from you. We actually live in Tomball but are also planning to move out to the Montgomery County area. We have family in April Sound & Walden on Conroe. We've been looking for homes on 5-7acres out there for a couple years now. Hopefully the perfect one will come along. You and your wife will love it out there. You never know, we might end up as neighbors!

12. ex-tenters

ex-tenters New Member

Welcome from the NW 'Burbs of Chicago.

WL

13. Roy and Janet Bowman

Roy and Janet Bowman Poppin' Up from Aggieland

Hey TxHunter! I'm Class of '78 (35th reunion this year!!!) and hubby is c/o '86. (No, I'm not a cradle-robber. He was on the 13-year plan!) Our daughter will be c/o '16 from TAMU-Galveston.

There is a camping club centered around Houston -- SouthEast Texas PopUp Camping Club (SETPUCC) -- that we are trying to get with. Supposed to camp this weekend at Huntsville SP but looks like it's falling through/getting rained out. Let me know if you want more info.

14. abc123

abc123 New Member

We just may. We actually travel to Tomball just to eat at Mel's Café! Love that place!!! We know Htown better than most because it is a weekend get away for us. My daughter is going to tour A&M Galveston Monday for a marine biologist major. She is hoping for a internship.