How's Gilbert Lake Sate Park in NY?

Discussion in 'New York' started by NY G-Men Fan, Mar 11, 2010.

1. NY G-Men Fan

NY G-Men Fan New Member

We have reservations for Memorial Day weekend with friends. Has anyone been there? Just curious.

2. campingtwins

campingtwins Upstate NY

Its a Great Park!!!! I live 6 miles from it!!! My husband Lived at the park in the stone house for 18 years! his father was the park manager! the park is nice , well taken care of and clean! Swimming and fishing is great! I have to say its one of the best state parks I have been too. they have a lot of Great sites too! We camp there about 8 times or more a season!

3. msl1570

msl1570 The Lindsays

My in-laws love this park and before my father in law died in 07, this was his favorite park. Actually, we just started a family week of camping there last year as a memorial to him. Lots to do. Beach, boating, hiking, picnic shelters, etc. Now if you can find a summer week when it isn't 60 degrees and raining, you'll be golden. That's what we had for the week in July last year [:!]

4. MikePasta

MikePasta New Member

I know this is an older post, but I had to share my 2.67 cents... Awesome park! I haven't stayed there in our PUP yet, but stayed in the cabins a few times. You won't regret going there!