Huge thanks to Steve and all behind the scenes folks!!

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by davekro, Nov 30, 2019.

1. davekro

davekro Active Member

As a NTU pup owner, I want to thank you Steve for all the work you do to keep this site flowing and feeling seamless on the unknowing 'user end'. ;)

Absolutely no criticisms at all, just curious of some of the site's workings.
    1) Is there an age of thread that drops them from showing in searches? Older threads do not seem to show up on popupportal searches. As someone mentioned, I do find searching Google 'subject popupportal' does find the older stuff, cool.

2) Sometimes replied to posts don't seem to appear in 'new posts' or 'watched threads'. I'm not sure if that just applies to the posts we ourselves reply to or even initiate, or if some criteria keeps some post from appearing under those tabs. Maybe there is a program that holds all posts for admin review (or for members that are relatively new).

3) maybe a better way to ask #2: What is the criteria for posts to appear as 'new' or 'watched' threads?

Thanks again to you Steve and all of the community that make this such an inviting place!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    nineoaks2004 and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. Tom Jordan

Tom Jordan Member

Here, Here! Thanksgiving for Steve and the host of “reglurs”! Really appreciate you for managing all of us.

davekro likes this.
  3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 8.11.12 PM.png

davekro likes this.
  4. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Some of the older threads may have mistakenly gone by the way side. A few years ago (5?) there was a huge site overhaul/swap over to a different program, and it may not have gone as smoothly as planned. Some of the old stuff, and other info was lost in the transition.

And yes, thanks to Steve for all the great work, and all the extra hours he puts into this site.

davekro likes this.