Hunting Island, SC

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by thewhitehouse6, Aug 18, 2016.

1. thewhitehouse6

thewhitehouse6 New Member

We just went on our first trip with our NTU Coleman Bayside. This was a learning curve for us because we could see what things we wish we had. So we have created a wish list. First and foremost for my DW is a ports potty. lol. The search is now on before our next trip. Me, I see a 30 amp extension cord in the plan also a better way of catching our gray water. We used a 5 gal bucket this time. I'm looking for a better system for that now. It seems to me that this could become an ongoing thing as every time you go out there is always something that you could use or make better. You know what I surely do love though.
    Look at our CS you couldn't have had a better site, that is if you like the beach. The site was number 54 if you ever get to go there.

Attached Files:

2. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Very Nice....we need to get back there again...Have any Raccoon issues?

3. thewhitehouse6

Haha! It's funny you asked. We had never camped there before and didn't know about the raccoon's. We left a bag of trash outside our camper and awoke to everything being scattered about the site. Lesson learned and didn't make that mistake again. It's funny though we actually never seen the little critters. lol

4. Babiaca

Babiaca New Member

I love that place! Though I guess a lot of people do because it's so hard to book a site there unless I am far more planned than normal and get a site months in advance. Did the have any recent renovations complete when you visited? I know they were supposed to be updating some bathhouses.

5. RFryer

RFryer Hopkinton, MA

Awesome site!

6. thewhitehouse6

@Babiaca, no renovations started as of yet. We were told that they have plans to close the CG for six months to do needed repairs. I think that their plans are to start this winter. In my opinion it is much needed especially the bath houses and some of the roads.
    My family loves this place and look forward to visiting after the renovation.

Randy

7. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

We love that place and I hate they might be closing during april which is when we go but they are not closing the entire campground, just sites 89 thru 147. The best 2 sites in my opinion is 57 then 56. 58 is also nice but you have 59 right across you, if you dont mind that then 58 might be the best of all.....