Hybrid questions

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by jmh1007, Aug 25, 2014.

1. jmh1007

jmh1007 Member

Ok, attempting pics. Not the best. I will take better when we get it home.

[​IMG][/URL][/img]

[​IMG][/URL][/img]

[​IMG][/URL][/img]

[​IMG][/URL][/img]

So, not sure that worked. I'll have to try again later.

2. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

Worked great...looks great too!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII.

3. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

I just got back from the show and saw it there. That is by far the nicest hybrid I have ever seen!! I'm sooo jealous!! If I ever get one it would that one. I need a new truck first then a couple of years later for the Hybrid

4. cma7777

cma7777 Member

Congratulations! That's a nice hybrid.

5. jmh1007

jmh1007 Member

Thanks! I fell completely in love with it, can't wait to get it home!

6. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

My wife fell in love with it too. Maybe next year. Truck is first this year although we have been looking at them all afternoon [:D]

7. jmh1007

jmh1007 Member

Yeah, we bought the truck last year. Never could have pulled it with our old 97 Chevy truck. I'm ready to branch out and camp new places now that we can haul the camper. We used to keep the camper in storage at Buck Saw and only camped there because he didn't feel comfortable towing it. We're on the move now!

8. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

I got a 97 ford f150 4.6Ltr. and tow the pup everywhere but wouldnt attempt anything heavier.

9. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Am I the only one the pics aren't working for???

10. jmh1007

jmh1007 Member

11. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Beautiful! Congrats!

12. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Congrats, I really loved this 3 bed models . But the wife did not want canvas for some reason.
    have fun.

satz

13. Darn

Darn Pup to Hybrid

T-Bird and I bought a Shamrock last year, we love it! Took it to the Wisconsin Rally last summer and those that poked their heads inside seamed to like it too.

We only have the 21ss, but it's normaly just the 2 of us. We do use our shower as a shower, I like knowing it was clean.

We also outfitted ours with 2 small ottomans for additional storage and nice to put your feet up when relaxing on the sofa having a cup of coffee first thing in the morning watching the morning news.

I think you will be happy. Only drawbacks are gas mileage will suffer from the pup, and can't park ours in the garage. [:(]. [HY] [PUT]

[​IMG]

14. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

If we were to go to a hybrid, sometime in the far future....I don't think we'd actually use the bathroom either. I have seen some of those lineups that my sister and her family wait in to hose everything out and it really does not look appealing!
    Technically, we don't "Have to" use the bathroom, and probably wouldn't. But then you'd also have white/grey/black water as well and I don't know how all that works.
    We have white water in our PUP that we have never used and never will.

I'd rather have the storage as well! :)

15. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

I said that too, in the past 3 years I have certainly converted.

Having access to the full facilities is very handy to use when wanted/needed. Clean up is no worse than your home bath, and if you time your departure right, dumping is a breeze. I still don't know what this wait in line that everyone speaks of is, just don't leave at the peak time and your wait will be minimal at best, and all that is truly necessary is hooking up the hose and pulling the valves in the right order. The longest line I have ever waited in is 2 trailers, and that really doesn't take very long to make it through.

Another concern that I had was smell. What I have found is that since I almost always leave my vent fan running and always use chemicals that I have never had any smell. Turns out, the bathroom is actually really nice to have. You don't have to use it all the time, but when you want/need it you will be very glad it was there.

16. jmh1007

jmh1007 Member

Well, hubby say we paid for it, we are going to use it!

17. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Don't be afraid to use it, just make sure you use the chemical packs in the toilet. I usually use 2 per trip just to make sure. [;)] Never had a problem yet, and draining it isn't so bad either.

18. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

What happened to "NEVER!!" ...lol see slowly you will be assimilated .... mmwwaaahahahaha .... :p

Longest I have ever waited in a dump line was Thanksgiving Monday leaving Algonquin Park .. They only have a double dump station that's centrally located for ALL the campgrounds, way back off the highway up hill and everything ... narrow road makes for exciting times when two large trailers are trying to pass each other..

So far we are still using the toilet for numbers ones only ... Having to deal with plugged waste tanks at work every-once-in-a-while , I'd rather keep things mainly all liquid ..

Since so many campgrounds locate their black/grey (red hose) and their white (blue hose) connections in the same general area, if your going to fill up the white, you may as well dump the black and grey and vice-versa if your going to dump the grey you may as well use and dump the black...

As ways used the water in the pup.. even while at Grundy and having to "import" water from down at the gas station at Magnetawan First Nations ...

What you would gain would be minimal .. depending on the layout, you might gain 2-ft in length wise storage up to counter top height ...

Personal preference but I would rather have the shower and toilet, the extra storage just means extra stuff and weight your hauling...

19. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

I'd love to see more pictures of your 21ss. We were hoping to see one @ the Boston RV show yesterday (none @ a dealer near us). Four 233Ss @ the show and not a single 21SS [:(]

20. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

I just went to the RV show here in Mo and got a book that tells all the trucks and tow capacities for 2015. the nissan pathfinder is rated for 5000lbs with the 3.5 ltr V 6 If anybody wants to the more of capacities let me know for instance the ford f 150 std. bed 2wd reg cab 5.o ltr. v 8 is rated for 8300 lbs with a 3.31:1 ratio rear end.