I am crazy...4th of July reservations

campfreak

Super Active Member
Jan 13, 2011
I got 6 days at Carpinteria state beach leading up to the 4th. I think it might be too much. I might stay the first 3, then go home when the knuckleheads start showing up.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We'll go camping on holidays if we can manage to go somewhere the party crowd isn't likely to be. This year, we'll be at North Rim of Grand Canyon for Memorial Day (& the rest of that week).
I thought about 4th of July camping & looked to see where we could go, but DH really wants to go backpacking. Between schedules, fire restrictions and fires, he hasn't been able to hike in one of his favorite areas for quite a while. I'll stay home, we head off to the Colorado Rally the next weekend, since we plan to be there a couple of days before the Rally.

Fleetwood Max

Aug 14, 2005
St Louis. Mo
We also camp pretty much every holiday.. Just booked our Memorial day, Fathers day and holding a site for Halloween...To early for the state parks in our area.

OutofOffice

Oct 26, 2015
I booked a July 4th camping trip as well, in Pokagon state park in Indiana. I chose the small loop that is pretty much only TT/pup's and tent campers.

We are also camping over memorial day. Gotta use those 3 day weekends!

d

1380ken

Super Active Member
Nov 7, 2013
Mass
We are booked for the July 4th week also. Green Meadow campground in Glenn NH. We watch the fireworks in North Conway and in Jackson near Mt Washington. The fireworks are awesome in the mountains and the crowds are less than at the fireworks at home.

jumpoff

I'm in a camping state of mind
Nov 3, 2015
North East Florida
speckhunter80 said:
I know it is crazy to camp on a holiday but when your DW works you got to do what you got to do. Reservations made for July 4th weekend in NC mountains.

Wish we could join you. We're going to Powhatan on March 20-24th....any chance you'll be there...???

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Have our reservations for Memorial Day and will be making July 4 weekend soon. We're just not sure where we want to go yet. Considering two spots and will likely make reservations for both. I just hate having to pay in advance for two spots. [:)C]

silverfz

Aug 8, 2013
We always camp on long holiday weekends. Even though the price is higher I usually wil take a day off ,so we camp 4 days. The best is August 1st weekend in Rhode island is a holiday . No one else celebrates we usually hit a area where long weekend rates are above 100 a night.

Last 3 years we have done new Hampshire. Last year we crown point campground which was smaller but had a lake ,beach ,pool , water slide and fishing pond. We might head back as the kids loved it. The last 2 years before we got hurricanes .

Hoosier Daddy

Super Active Member
Jun 24, 2014
OutofOffice said:
I booked a July 4th camping trip as well, in Pokagon state park in Indiana.

Hey OutofOffice, you'll love it there. The fireworks over Lake James are really nice! I am about 30 miles away.
But we will be at Bixler Lake (home base-camp) on the 4th. It's a nice, quiet, small CG even on the Holidays.
Somehow work decided to give us Friday the 1st off as a "Floating Holiday" so that makes for a four day weekend!! "WHOOP WHOOP"!

SqueaknMCrack

Air Force Brat. Army Mom
Feb 23, 2012
We camp every 4th of July. You're not crazy... unless looking for quiet and solitude. What I think is Crazy are those looking for peace and solitude, who plan a camping trip on national holidays. When we go, we understand there will possible be some of THOSE neighbors. I am ashamed to say, My DH once invited some friends of his to join us, ONCE. [V] yeah. never again. We were THOSE neighbors [:(] . I have never been so humiliated in my life as when those guys put up their tent on our site a promptly, started making an @$$ of themselves. The next day, I apologized profusely to the neighbors, and then, [:(!] I left and went home, (We lived 9 miles away) a couple hours later I got a call from DH... They were being asked to leave. [{:)] I now have a Rule with DH. None of his friends allowed.... Unless they are Civilized Humans, and I have to pre approve.

jnc

Welcome from New Hampshire
Oct 1, 2014
South Central New Hampshire
We boondock on private land in Vermont with about 15-20 other folks for memorial day and labor day. We so it up nice lots of water guns fireworks bbq & bonfires

jnc

Welcome from New Hampshire
Oct 1, 2014
South Central New Hampshire
We bbq at my Fish & Game club with the area's largest non pro {store bought} fireworks display. It is a great time with a small crowd of friends good food ,adult beverages and a 2 hour light show. The best part is the 15 minute ride home when the night ends.

yetavon

everything is better around a campfire.
Mar 11, 2010
Western NC
Are you going to hunt for any of the Mountain Specks while your here?
I'm hoping to chase a few in the Adirondacks in Feb.....

Latest posts