I am SOOOOOO Excited about next week...

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by jjjandrbaker, Feb 1, 2012.

1. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

I am pulling the popup to Austin on Tuesday for a three night stay. I will be attending the Texas Computer Educators Association 2012 Conference. Rather than stick my school with a $255 hotel bill, I am turning it into a camping trip. This will be my first 3- nighter. I know... I am staying at one of those luxury RV resorts. But... come on all you boondockers...This is a business trip that I am taking advantage of to spend time in the popup as a bonus. I don't have a toilet or anything, so I need the bath house anyway.

I am also excited because I am in a contest to win some technology equipment from my school during the conference. You can help a fellow portal buddy out by clicking on my link and voting for my video. http://www.dataprojections.com/AV_Solutions/TCEA_2012/Video_List/Default.asp?id=100

By the way... Some of my buddies from San Antonio who will be staying in fancy hotels, want to come by and check out my popup. I can't wait to show it off! It may not be the biggest or have the fanciest "stuff", but it is still my most treasured possession!

2. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

I feel the same way about mine! Enjoy yourself. And good luck!

3. papachaz

papachaz New Member

WAY COOL! so since they were gonna pay for the hotel, are they picking up the tab for the camping? talk about having your cake and eating it too! SWEEET

4. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

They would pay for the camping. I have an allowance. BUT, what I don't use on my trip, can be used to buy stuff for my computer classes at school. I would rather have some new "techno stuff" and pay my own way in Austin.

My oldest son goes to UT. I am also going to get to spend Tuesday night having a good time with him. If school were paying for it, I would probably be expected to hook up with other district people for something. It's all good!

5. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

Cute video!

you have my vote! Good luck and good fun!

6. sydnisamsofi

sydnisamsofi New Member

Anything for a fellow educator! When I went to the TX Girls Coaches Clinic in Austin this last summer, we took our first PUP and stayed at McKinney Falls SP and had a blast!

7. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

I gave you my vote!
    Good luck & happy camping.

8. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Got my vote.............I seem to be having the same problems you do [:D]