I Built A Chuck Box

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by hometownhiker, May 3, 2017.

1. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Here are some pictures that show the structure of the box:
    Back.JPG Bottom of Top shelf.JPG Bottom.JPG Front.JPG Lid closed.JPG Lid Supports.JPG Opened.JPG shelf.JPG Side.JPG
    This is kind of like building an egg crate and although light weight I used quality Baltic Birch Ply which is extremely strong.
    It is available from Woodcraft.com Item Nos: 152978 and 152980.
    The box was glued and stapled together

2. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Nice box, I've always wanted to build one but never got around to it.

3. world traveler

world traveler Member

Pots and pans and some other bulkier items kept in the trailer. We have a plastic tote with drying rack and a separate utensil/plate/napkin organiser. Washed dishes and other clean stuff is stored inside and kept in the trailer in-between meals. Most of the time we eat outside so the tote goes outside on the rug or picnic table. If it is cold/windy/wet, we eat inside. I thought about a custom organizer, but the tote is light weight and versatile so works well for us.

4. penny

penny Well-Known Member

that's a really nice chuck box. I still want to put one in the rear of our dodge caravan for sleep in the van road trips.