I don't see us ever "upgrading"

gardenbliss

Super Active Member
Dec 9, 2013
San Diego
Have you seen the AScape? they have a shower. There is also the Riverside Retro 135, but I digress and am changing the OP's original topic. My PUP has everything I need and then some, but I don't always want to unhitch in order to get inside.

West Coast Canuck

Jumped to the dark side ......
Mar 3, 2005
It really is a preference....we went with a new TT in 2012. We wanted more creature comforts or least our bodies did. Living on the West Coast can subject us to a lot of rain and was making it difficult to dry out our pop up after camping in the rain. The ease of setting up the TT is a bonus..awning is electric, rear bed slide is electric. I just level side to side by putting the low side on levelling blocks and then use the power jack to level front to back. I then drop the stabilizers, flip up the couch, install the dining table and seat cushions. We have been caught a couple times in severe thunder storms with the TT and stayed completely dry! In both storms, it drove the tent and some pup campers home.

Orchid

Sharp Shootin' Grandma
May 8, 2011
Florida by way of WV and MD
Thank you for all the well wishes for healing.

The silver lining to that cloud is that I fell on the sidewalk to the comfort station at Disney's Fort Wilderness. When I got back from the ER, they gave my entire family unlimited anytime/any ride fastpasses for the rest of our trip. Anyone who has ever been to Disney knows what a treat that is! :smiley:

silvermickey2002

Morris County, NJ
Sep 11, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Thank you for all the well wishes for healing.

The silver lining to that cloud is that I fell on the sidewalk to the comfort station at Disney's Fort Wilderness. When I got back from the ER, they gave my entire family unlimited anytime/any ride fastpasses for the rest of our trip. Anyone who has ever been to Disney knows what a treat that is! :smiley:
First, I hope you recover quickly!!

Second, WOW!!!!!! We were just in Disney last month and we could not get fastpasses!! The park was just that crowded. Not good for your ribs, but I'm sure your family enjoyed the fastpasses!!!

FARfetched

Nov 22, 2018
Sector 706, Planet Georgia
That's the kind of thing I call an "up"grade. A true upgrade is all positive, at least for the most important (to you) things. If you have to sacrifice anything important, it's an "up"grade.

I keep wondering if a slideout is worth it. Extra interior space (when set up) vs. less space (when folded down). Given that Mrs. Fetched does like her creature comforts, I expect our next PUP will have a shoilet and slideout.

Adam Connolly

May 18, 2018
I had a pop up and though I still miss it I still enjoyed pulling into the parking lot turning in the propane and plugging her in to a wall and I was done setting up. It was 10pm and minus 6c. Turned on the furnace and kids went to bed in their bunks. I grabbed the ipad to read my new book.
I miss our pup but since a back injury was stopping us from using it we gave it to my sister in law. We bought our first TT a little 23ft bunk. This year we did the bigger jump to our 26ft Cruise Lite. If we didnt then we would be camping a lot less. This year my daughters and I camped more than 63 days. I never would have done that in the popup.

yetavon

everything is better around a campfire.
Mar 11, 2010
Western NC
It would be a high honor to camp with you! :kiss: I would love to make that happen at some point!
I too would love to try again.... But you heal up 1st...

We could be a two camper household
We already are... LOL... And talking about a change for long term traveling after retirement.

We spent many years in several different P'ups, and loved them. 98% boondocking. still tent on the ground a few times a year.... But several years back 2 things changed our camping life tremendously. 1st was hitting State Parks, 2nd, we slid into a Hybrid and, All though we had the set-up/ tear-down perfected, it still made 2 day trips hardly worth it ... especially those were we arrived in the dark...(quite a few) With the Hybrid its awesome to roll in, drop one bed and go to bed, set up in the morning, or make breakfast and back on the road. We now take many more weekend trips, and also longer trips.
I dont consider it upgrading, Just better for us.

penny

Super Active Member
Nov 9, 2017
First, OUCH! I feel for your pain! I'm still ginger with my new knee. and broken or bruised ribs are awful!
Second, Congratulations on contentment! There is ALWAYS something out there, "better" and usually it isn't all you hoped it would be. We too have had more campers than I can count. (well, I could, but the list would be long and boring) Loving what you have is a great state of mind to arrive in.

Orchid

Sharp Shootin' Grandma
May 8, 2011
Florida by way of WV and MD
First, OUCH! I feel for your pain! I'm still ginger with my new knee. and broken or bruised ribs are awful!
Second, Congratulations on contentment! There is ALWAYS something out there, "better" and usually it isn't all you hoped it would be. We too have had more campers than I can count. (well, I could, but the list would be long and boring) Loving what you have is a great state of mind to arrive in.

Yes, it really is great. I have not even had the urge to look at campers since I originally posted this. I KNOW I'm not going to give up our current pup, so just stopped looking.

My ribs did end up in pneumonia, that I didn't know I had until I passed out cold. Ended up in a hospital for a few days with that, but so weird that I never felt sick. I guess since my ribs already hurt and I couldn't breathe deep anyway, the pneumonia didn't make any difference. My blood pressure went down to 70/30 so I couldn't stay conscience, that's why I got admitted. My BP still not up to normal yet.

Thankfully, the knee that I fell on was the one done in Feb. 2019, not the one from July 2019. I guess being more healed may have saved it. It IS still sore though and was completely better prior to the fall. I may make an appointment with my surgeon, but been putting it off hoping the soreness will just go away. I sure don't want any additional surgery!!