I finally had one of the rudest experiances happen at a KOA and it was in Ok

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by blondedriver, Jul 10, 2016.

1. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

On my way home from being in Indianapolis IN for a few months. I stopped for the last night at the Elk city KOA. The site not really bad not the best park ever but not the worst.

The site i had should not been occupied any one but a family. Me a single guy with a dog should never been put right beside the pool. Evey person who went to the pool waled past my site,, not a single one had enough sense to stay close to the pool fence but had to walk between my RV and the camp ground.

One lady even got upset as she ran into my steps on my Motorhome. And shouted how rude to leave the steps out. As my dog was barking her head off.

I ended up yelling inside the Rv " How stupid are you to be so close to some one's RV to run into there steps!"

2. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Put out crime scene barricade tape and draw a chalk outline on the ground.

Was it the only site available? Did they force you to take that site?

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

People are just like that, however I would have asked for a different site and surely would not stay there again, at least in that site.
    Most CG's will let you look at the site before setting up...

4. mchance47

mchance47 New Member

People who are incredibly rude seem never to think they are the problem.

5. meyerc13

meyerc13 New Member

I experienced this a few weeks ago for the first time when I was in a site with the play area on one side and a road on the other. Why people think it is okay to walk through the middle of someone's site I don't understand. Even walking down the line between my site and the next site is fairly rude, in my opinion.

Over the weekend of the 4th, I was in a site on a fishing pond. Lots of people were fishing on the edge of the pond adjacent to our site, and one even asked permission, but I didn't have a problem because I didn't feel that my site included exclusive access to the pond edge. However, I've been in other sites where the brush and trees went right to the pond edge and if someone had crashed through the brush or waded out into the pond and then came onto the shore of my site without permission I would not have been very happy.

6. MsMac

MsMac Well-Known Member

Amen.

7. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

I pick up tree branches and place them between the trailer and the edge of my campsite and listen to them cuss and swear at night as they trip over the branches; that just happened to be dropped there by mother nature.

8. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

I must say that we have been very fortunate with our Alabama and Florida CG neighbors. On the road on cross country trips, we have had some bad apples, but our regional parks have been awesome. I wonder if it the major interstate campgrounds have more issues due to the transient clientele, overnighters. We are very thankful for our AL and FL state parks. We have stayed at the Elk City KOA on our way to CA. We did not care for it or the steady 40-50 mph winds that are part of the I40 experience (would not likely use it again). It is a convenient stop though if you cannot make it to Amarillo as you head west or Okie City as you drive east.

9. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

10. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

snake trick is great!

11. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

We had an incident once where we were told by a person with a school group to pack up and move our campsite that we reserved. I told them that we reserved and paid the site and we were not moving. They kept insisting until I told them off, I had the receipt and they didn't. He cursed at me and got back in his car and left. Soon after a very large caravan of cars started showing up at the sites all around us and up the section where we were camped. There must have been at least 100 kids plus their parents/chaperones. They messed up the washrooms just after they were cleaned and bragged about it...got a hold of their principal to deal with kids, they were promptly sent home the following day.

12. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

I carry with me a roll of 3 inch wide red warning ribbon. Also have a four 1' x 1' plywood base boards with a PVC connector in them and 4' sticks of PVC. Set a rock on the board, run the warning tape as I need. Also have 4 small orange road cones. Anyway, I can control foot traffic well and keep the morons out of my immediate area. We have a trip coming up where I learned a main trail comes right off our camp area spot. Knowing how people are, I'll pack and deploy my barricades.

13. Grizzly_Wayne

Grizzly_Wayne Member

Is wrong to dig fall traps?

14. hometownhiker

hometownhiker Active Member

Some folks just have no upbringing. Occasionally I am compelled to give them a crash course in camping etiquette. For instance, "excuse me, can I help you?" Or "I was just wondering why you would be in my camp site" etc. They usually get the message.