I have questions!

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Sjm9911, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ok , so first one is, why is my spare tire mounted on a swing away breacket? So, you pull the top pin and it swings down? Its mounted on the rear bumber? Does this have a use? Its quite noisy when hitting bumps. I could always turn up the music, but i would rather figure out if this is needed, or i will add some washers and another bolt so it doesn't move!

J Starsky likes this.
  2. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

Mine is the same swings down. Not sure what the idea behind that is

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. Sjm9911

Lol, now we have a mystery!

4. Sjm9911

found it. Its because its cheap. Lol. I dont need the fold but if you had a rear storage spot, it would be needed. I figure its an add on at the dealer. So its cheap , and they buy them!

5. Sjm9911

Next question, my pup had a drain for the fresh water tank, i can find one on the TT. It does have a hot water drain, and a hot and cold low point drain. I cant find the drain for the tank?

6. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

My KZ has one on the fresh tank, I am sure you have one, Get under there and really look. I can see mine on the door side when i just bend down and look.

J Starsky likes this.
  7. Sjm9911

I did, lol just re braced the plasic sign stuff under the whole camper. It was broken around the bolts. A bit of a pita by yourself. I ran stringers of galvanized wall board end moulding, it was cheap and sturdy. I wanted the steips like the garage door hangers are on but they were like 18 bucks a pop, times 7 that was more then i wanted to spend. The other stuff was 20 $ total. It could be under there or the one under the water heater is not for the water heater, lol. I dont see a tank line, but then again i dont know where the tank is eaither! I should have took the playes off the bottem and looked good instead of just peaking up under to make sure it was solid.

Ladiesman likes this.
  8. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

I would think the one under the water heater is it.. I bought mine this year and the one thing I cant find. The water pump. Have no clue where it is. I am going to have to run a faucet and listen

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  9. Sjm9911

Under the couch on mine, next to the heater. It has a siphon valve for the antifreeze, but its such a pain to get at. ( im probably doing something wrong)

10. Sjm9911

Do you know how the radio antenna goes up? I didnt find anything inside, the tv one is pretty cool. And i get lots of stations. I probably will not use the radio, but i need to know! [:D]

11. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

If you don't need to fold down the spare ....... just bolt the hold thing together.
    I have 2 set of low drains, 1 at the end of the run under the bathroom and another from the pumping of the water heater and pump.
    Originally my fresh water tank only had a plastic drain plug, I have since pumped it to the side edge of the camper with a ball valve.

Ladiesman and Sjm9911 like this.
  12. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

My radio antenna is only five inches long ..... it works.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. Sjm9911

I did bolt it, but because it was a swing away it still rattles. I will add washers! I cant see anything under the camper ,due to the insolation and plastic sign stuff that lines the bottem. I will look again and take pictures in the am, so tou will get what im talking about. The drain might be the one under the hot water heater, the manual said to drain the water heater remove the anode, it dosent mention how to drain the freash water tank:sad:

14. Sjm9911

My antenna is lating down on top of the TT. Im thinking there is a pull or turn nob to get it to the up right position. I will investigate further ! I still havent found the heater. Lol. Unless its the same as the ac, the unit looks big.

15. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The heater should have an exhaust vent on the outside.

16. Sjm9911

It does, i think, there are 2 vents next to each other on the side. Unfortunately because its a ducted system, i have yet to come across the atual unit. I have to start un screwing stuff! There isn't an acess panel like in the pup.

17. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

On the street side by the front tire should be the exhaust vents. The furnace is just on the other side in the interior. Most likely in the bottom of the wardrobe.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  18. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

I would think the drain below the water heater is for the fresh tank. Mine is just a hose sticking out of the corrugated crap with a plastic valve. Water heater will drain via anode rod hole.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  19. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

I "think" my radio used the tv antenna but not sure... usually if I use the camper radio it's to Bluetooth to my phone.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  20. Sjm9911

Ok so i resealed the roof with dicore self leveling. Came out ok. Washed the TT, hung the new lights on the awning and made a home for them in the TT. Its getting there.