I have questions!

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Sjm9911, Sep 7, 2019.

1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Sounds like an inaugural trip is in order!!

J Starsky and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Soon, soon. Going in for a break check and bearing re pack, i have no ti.e to do it. Mostly i want them to check that the weight distribution hitch is set right. I dont have the directions and it was set for the PO truck. Should be simmiler but i really dont know. I got new plastic dishes, bowels, etc, and a better frying pan. So almost ready!

neighbormike likes this.
  3. neighbormike

I recently had to purchase a new frying pan for at home... I guess I get a little tired of having better stuff in the camper than at home lol!!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

I had the reverse situation, i cook a lot. So i had to get something cheap i could live with now. In the pup i didn't care , now i want better crap. I spent 14 $ on a frying pan, lol. I still have my heinkle knive to cut with, i cant stand crap knives. Truth be told my camping meals kind of suck, i have delutions of grandure but i can never deliver on the meal. Now, in comes the TT. Room for food spices and the like, additionally i will try to keep it simple and steal from orchard! Lol. I will pre make stuff at home and freeze it! Man I'm good. ( trust me better then some of the stuff i came up with! )

Arlyn Aronson and neighbormike like this.
  5. neighbormike

I enjoy cooking at home and while camping... trouble is, it's usually just me so I tend to get a little lazy.... not fast food lazy, just simple,boring food lazy lol

J Starsky and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. Sjm9911

Yea , by myself i get the same way. Stofers mac and cheese, chicken wings etc. My kid really dosent eat what i make, but she tries, and so i keep cooking. Its a little fast food a little gourmet. But nothing like im used to cooking. Ive gotten bad.

7. neighbormike

Easy to do! I, at least at this point, pretty much make all my meals... spent too many years eating out!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

The drain on the fresh water tank on our Retro 177 is on the bottom of the tank. We added an extension, thanks to ideas here on the Portal, so it's reachable at the edge of the trailer.
    I'd love to do the mod with a t-connector at the original drain hole, so that the pump intake is there too. Our 20 gallon tank is more like 16-18 gallons of usable water, since it begins to suck in air too.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  9. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

My Springdale has a drain in the bottom center of the fresh water tank, and the hot water heater. You'll get the water out once you pressure it thru with air for winterizing. I would investigate if you have a valve on the tank, and suggest you look thru your book if you got one. Perhaps its time to email to your mfr and get one.

My swing away tire carrier made me laugh when I bought it. Being a Jeep guy, lifting a 35in tire to a Jeep is crazy heavy. A TT spare, is a joke. I added washers and used a square nut from fencing on it. They are tapered at the edges and become their own lock washer, and I had some. Zero bobble off that back tire now.

I watch this video a few times before measuring up my hitch. I had to reset it for my Tahoe, and again for my Suburban.

If you're buying a cover, think Walmart. I got one from them three years ago, was super cheap and breathable and does not have a single rip in it yet.

Good Luck dude~!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  10. Adam Connolly

Adam Connolly Member

Look for the drain between your tires in about a foot on the drivers side. Thats where mine is. Then i have hot and cold drains at the back just above the the anus as my dear wife calls it!

Sjm9911 likes this.