I knew I was missing something on my rig

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by gladecreekwy, Sep 25, 2021.

1. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Saw this guy years ago in GTNP. This pic was online today. Glad to see he’s still rolling. Best rig ever F8251A44-8CE1-48D7-A858-7695232D130C.jpeg

2. Arruba

Arruba Well-Known Member

Here I thought a drone might be a good idea to get. He/She/They certainly appear well equipped.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. Where I live drones are a no no. Every state park, the two national parks. Heck even my own home we can’t fly them higher than our fence line. I see your in Oregon so you may not face the same rules as me just something to look into before you buy. They look cool and I love how you can get a birds eye view without leaving the safety of the ground.
    Now with the photo I first thought someone was creating a real life GT5 scenario except with kayaks added. That would be a sight to see if driving down the road. You don’t see stuff like that around here. Outside of police and medical and maybe an occasional news helicopter covering traffic you don’t see personal aircraft. Occasionally I see a single engine planes but their air zone is very limited and mainly seen on the outskirts.

Eric Webber likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

At least they dont need to pack up the rv to go to the store! Quick trip in the helo and done. Beer run anyone?

neighbormike likes this.
  5. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Up here, the rule is that drones have a very low ceiling if you are within 5km (I think) of an airport, unless you have a special permit (building inspectors use them, among others). That effectively means that drones are banned near cities, since almost everything is within 5km of at least a private air field. This does not apply for little drones under 250g (about half a pound)

6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

7. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Full sized , two passenger with a kayak on both skids. You could fly that all over around here. The fishing possibilities are endless

udntno235 likes this.
  8. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I was flying the DJI Phantom 3 Pro. But I purchased the new DJI Mini 2 which is only 249g. There are still restrictions and places you are not supposed to fly it. But the FAA says that you don't have to register them and the new soon to be required Location Transponder is not required. I live in the open desert, so I can pretty much fly it anywhere. I live on the edge of town and don't fly it over the town or anyone's house. There is an empty lot directly behind my house so I just fly out over that and then I can go where ever I want. The range on one of these is phenomenal. I have gone out to more than two miles and still have crystal clear video and full control. I mainly use it to search for interesting things or areas to go explore in the desert. Last year I used it to help search the desert for two missing boys. They still have not been found.

9. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Thats the chase helicopter for when they're racing the kayaks, (just like the offshore racers have). Does that kayak say Miss Budweiser on the side of it?