I SEE GRASS!!!! Is it spring Fever? Who has some?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Gumbias, Mar 10, 2010.

1. screwballl

screwballl Stimulus Package

I need to ask the wife or mother in law to find out the name of that tree... I don't know for sure.

2. DeadElvis

DeadElvis New Member

Just since the past weekend, it's starting to feel like Spring here in TN. High 60's over the weekend. 75 here on Mon and high 60s low 70s every day this week so far. We just noticed the frogs starting to sing at night 3 days ago. Grass is still sort of brown, however, but things are looking good.

3. skeetersbunch

skeetersbunch New Member

Yeah! In OKC, I see some of the Bradford pears are starting to form buds....a good sign Spring in around the corner!

4. Hardee5

Hardee5 New Member

I don't think we're the only ones feeling this way:

[​IMG]

5. cksteele

cksteele now where did i put that hot dog

Snow is all gone here in ct. If it wasn't going to rain all weekend i would be slideing the cover off the camper. But that will have to wait till next weekend. Our first trip is already planned for april 9-11. Yes i have the fever bad this year.

6. Csea

Csea New Member

Well the snow is gone here too, heard the geese coming back too... I think spring is here WOO HOO!

7. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

Beautiful day today! There were a few high clouds, but it was for the most part nice and sunny. We hit 59F, so I actually got outside and finished painting the dinette benches.

Spring fever. Yeah, I got it...

8. eagle424

eagle424 New Member

Snow is all gone here too, in East-Central Ohio. Temp got up to almost-70 degrees. Ground is still very moist, with a bunch of rain coming through over the weekend. I feel like I won't ever get to raise the roof on the pup.

9. Marc S.

Marc S. New Member

Gumbias- I think that was a saucer magnolia screwball posted. Not 100% but that would be my guess.

10. SCmomma

SCmomma New Member

I 2nd the saucer magnolia answer.....

finally starting to warm up around here as well.....had the sliding glass door open and been dreaming of trading in my boots for sandals...

have my eye on some asparagus ferns for the yard to replace the boston ferns we lost ( the asparagus ferns all did fine this winter so i am going with them this time).....the urge to dig in the dirt and plant flowers always hits me hard this time of year.......

can't wait for the Easter bunny to mark the end of the cold weather around here so we can get some more camping under our belt.....SCmomma

11. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Today I saw my first robin, geese flying north, roadkill skunks, and scallions sprouting along the shoulder of RT 80 NJ. Spring is just around the corner. I just reserved our first trip of the year to Hickory Run SP. A 1st shakedown trip with our new pup, and we are first timers.

12. jmackeral

jmackeral Happy Camper in Northern MN

I can see a tiny bit of grass along my sidewalk, right next to the 2 feet of snow that still covers the rest of the yard [:(] But it's going down so at least we're headed in the right direction. Can't wait to go camping! [:)C]

13. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

Heh. I watched the weather report a couple of hours ago. Duck, y'all. They're calling for snow here again tomorrow night, and that means it'll be heading east by Sunday. So much for that...

14. grandebob

grandebob New Member

I see mud, not grass. Hopefully the grass will appear soon.
    I'm starting my spring maintenance routines (changing the oil on the motorcycle) but I don't think i'm ready to open the pup yet.

15. brainradio

brainradio 2000 Palomino Colt

[SUN] The sun is out for the first time in about 7 days! We are well above normal temps and our snow is almost gone! (Although I am sure we will get another dump yet). None the less I am thrilled and plan on setting up sunday to poke around my new (to me) PU.

16. mainahman

mainahman All the worlds indeed a stage

im popping up to clean up again tomorrow!

17. Buddy Ter

Buddy Ter New Member

Our lawn looks kind of like a bad case of bed-head and the driveway's a mud bog, but the snow is GONE in our little corner of West Michigan.

18. hanson1522

hanson1522 Belleville, IL

We've got it BAD!! Had a couple of really nice "teaser" days last week. More of that PLEASE!!!

Hoping to camp for Nate's b-day....in a month. [:D]

19. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

Cold and windy today, but sunny and warm (temps close to 70) all next week. I can't wait!

20. Racebear

Racebear New Member

No more snow in my yard, Just lots of rain. Hope by mid week to be able to get some work done on the pup.