I think I need a Y adapter?

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by Tdogg, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Tdogg

Tdogg New Member

Ok, so I have not yet found what I'm looking for, and maybe it's because I'm not supposed to do it!

I have a 2002 Coleman Utah, the outside propane connection is HP, looks like the disposable cylinder type. I have a stove that came with the camper, that plugs into it, got i, no problem. I also have a George Foreman travel grill that uses the same type fittings, also the disposable bottles. What I'd like to do, and maybe it's not made, is purchase a y (maybe a t?) so that I can attach it to the PUP, attach one fitting to the stove, and have the other one be the old style (bulk?) using a hose that goes from a bulk tank to the George Foreman.

I have this hose: http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Grills-Grill-Accessories/h_d1/N-25ecodZ5yc1vZ25ecodZbxazZ12kzZ12kxZ12ky/R-100148371/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=propane&storeId=10051

Thanks for any advice!

2. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

[​IMG]

I wanted to do the same thing. I got a 4foot hose at wallys and had 36' added to it. I was not able to find a T or a Y (but I have seen them now at walmart in the camping section) so I added a second tank. One for the pup and one for cooking. I cook a lot so it works out fine.

FL Bill

3. rabird

rabird Howdy!

4. pgordemer

pgordemer Guest

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

You need a Marshall add-a-tee like bupkis suggests.

6. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

I ran into the same problem. I got onto the internet and found several adapters on propane accessory sites. I finally found the perfect Fitting. It was pricey $50 plus dallors but it was worth it without adding a lot of extra hoses and adapters. By the way, you can attach more hose to that kind of hoses. Walmart has the cheapest prices. It's been several years since I bought the T-adapter. It screws onto the fitting on the camper, then the 2 hoses can attach to the Tee. I wish I could remember the web site. Good luck!

7. Tdogg

Tdogg New Member

Thanks for the help! I think the Y in conjuction with the "Steak Saver" will allow me to only use 1 hose and 1 adapter!

Steak saver: http://www.rvpartssupplier.com/product-p/668803.htm

When I get it, I'll try it, and let you guys know how it worked! Thanks again!

Tdogg

8. Tdogg

Tdogg New Member

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed, but, I can't get it on the pup, not enough room. Is there an extension I can purchase, to give me more room? Can't seem to find one no matter how hard I look!

Thanks,
    Tdogg!

9. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

The Marshal add a tee is what I bought several years ago. Plenty of room on my coleman/fleetwoods. I don't know about any extentions. Maybe try to extend your male fitting out more on your camper somehow? Good luck!

10. Tdogg

Tdogg New Member

Thanks. I would have the thought the female fitting on the Marshall add a tee would spin, allowing me to screw it on, but it does not, meaning I have to spin the entire adapter, which is why I can't install it. I tried to remove the adapter from the camper to see if I could do it that way, but no dice there either. Don't wan to have to use a hose, and then all these adapters...do you remember if the end on your marshall adapter spun to install it on the male end on the camper?

11. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Sorry, never used one just seen it pictured and discussed on forums.

here it is connected to '00 fleetwood santa fe.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/114965508600034918003/2000FleetwoodSantaFePopup#5269372379361075618