I went dark...again

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Beatrice, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Beatrice

Beatrice Member

So, after the cross country trip last February to visit our daughter the obnoxious pop up my DH had chosen had to go. Trying to set it up in 30mph winds caused the DH to suffer a melt down in Tucumcari, New Mexico and it went down hill from there. He no longer saw the golden light shining on it, or the angels singing like he had at the dealership when we bought it. So immediately after returning home the search was on for a TT. In this crazy market it did take a while to find the right one at the right price, but it was worth the wait. We ended up with a 2012 Keystone Springdale Summerland 2600 that is in remarkable condition. We got to enjoy it a few times this summer-[-because we work at a campground the summer season is insane], but have more stuff planned for the next month or so...A weekend at Knoebles with the grandkids, then a week to ourselves in Pigeon Forge to recover. After that, we are taking a winter work camper job on the coast of North Carolina--if we like it, we'll come back home for a month or so then head elsewhere. If the DH really likes travelling, I'm wondering how long before the golden light shines on a 5er :laugh:

kitphantom, theseus, kcsa75 and 2 others like this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Good luck with it!

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Congratulations on the new TT!

4. CamperMike

CamperMike Well-Known Member

Congrats!

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Congratulations. Funny how that seems to happen. Some weather anomaly happens and we all begin to see our camping unit in a new light. Kind of the reasons I jumped to a popup in the first place when a river went through my tent. Closing the popup in wind/rain is just plain awful, I agree there. Thankfully I haven't seen too many of those days. We all have our favorite ways of camping so each unit provides something a little different for different people. There are days I really wish I could upgrade, and days I'm glad I have not. Good luck with your new to you TT and hope it works out better for you.

neighbormike likes this.