I would like your opinion

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Kyle J, May 15, 2013.

1. Kyle J

Kyle J New Member

Just purchased our first pup, and have some big plans for the family this summer. I have planned an 8 day camping trip covering almost 1,000 miles and three different parks. I am coming from South Georgia, and will be stopping in St. Petersburg, FL, then to St. Augustine, FL, then to Jekyll Island, GA. I would like to know if anyone has anything good or bad to share about the following parks?

Fort Desoto (St. Petersburg)

Anastasia park (St. Augustine)

Jekyll Island CG (Jekyll Island)

Thank you in advance

2. ridenred333

ridenred333 New Member

I don't as I haven't been down there but sure does sound like a good trip to me. Take pictures and share your stories with us. :)

3. gzank6

gzank6 Member

sorry, not from the side of the country. a quick google search showed good reviews on Fort Desoto 4 starts with 45 reviews and almost 5 stars with 200+ reviews on Anstasia Park... both on trip advisor. Nothing on Jekyll Island though, seems you've got a good trip planned.

4. badgamuss

badgamuss Member

Anastasia is a nice SP. You will like the area and beach. I have not been to the campground at Jekyll Island, but there is plenty to do on the island.

5. TCwheels

TCwheels "All who wander are not lost..."

Haven't camped at Jekyll Island but have walked the campground a few times knowing we'd eventually camp there. Very nice, well equipped store, seems well run and clean and quiet.

6. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Kyle,

We've tent camped at both Jekyll and Anastasia and both are wonderful. Love watching the sun come up over the ocean in the morning at Anastasia and the shade provided by Jekyll. There's the water park right there on Jekyll and it has some really great slides. Now that we have the PUP we want to go back...also the fishing at Jekyll was pretty good.

Doc

7. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Just be aware that it is gonna cost you $5 everytime you drive onto Jekyll Island for the "parking" fee.

8. chiefjefe

chiefjefe New Member

Fort Desoto is very nice, we were right on the water. There is a very nice beach close by that you may need to get in a vehicle to get to. Bring your fishing pole if you like to fish. Watch for the racoons, store your food appropriately.