If this thing can tow my PUp........

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by vik-king, Aug 27, 2013.

1. vik-king

vik-king New Member

This would make the most awesome tow vehicle out, there but i have no idea how much it can tow. I actually saw the quadski in person this weekend they had one in the front of the boatnrv.com showroom the down side is I believe these are both developments that where made for the military to use and they are just coming to the civilian side the quadski has a sticker price, maybe you should sit down.. Of $50,000.00 it was on sale this month at the place for$ 44,000.00 no idea what the trucks retail for but you have to check them out they are the coolest thing since fried rice! They would be totally awesome to take along on camping trips near the water.
    http://gibbsamphitrucks.com/
    http://www.gibbssports.com/quadski

2. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

Very nice.. Looks like every guys wet dream. However I see the downfall as with no frame towing is out. Also that video showed it bad arse on water.. Its still a boat with wheels so I doubt it could handle towing duties well.

I would buy it if I had land, water, and time to play.

3. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

Of course you mean this as a joke...just looking at the wheel/drive the on-road capability looks secondary to its nature. Keep dreaming though! [8D]

4. Up the Mountain

Up the Mountain Member

Hey if a Hondy Ridgeline can tow so can this....

5. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

You could always put twin 150's on this camper? [8D]

[​IMG]

6. Up the Mountain

Up the Mountain Member

Gotta be a Yooper [LOL]

7. JamesRL

JamesRL New Member

I know you may be joking, but a Honda Ridgeline isn't strictly a unibody vehicle. It has a closed box frame.

8. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

For that price, I could pick up a camper for the back of my truck, a couple of jetskis, a Rhino to pull the skis to the lake, and a decent flatbed to haul everything on. The underside of that contraption is nowhere near trail-safe. It might be fine for a sandy beach, but thats about it.

9. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

my Honda Ridgeline tows extremely well I might add

10. Up the Mountain

Up the Mountain Member

I am sure that it does very well or they would not be selling them and even going back to redesign them for 2016. When I looked at them what I saw was a Unibody, altho it is said that it is more a hybrid with some framing....

But still not an American Pickup and so all rednecks and purists will dismiss the vehicle and try to avoid your protestations.

Both these boats and the Ridgeline do not have true Pickup Truck DNA, so my sideswipe still stands [:D]

11. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

I have land, water and time to play but no $$$.

12. JamesRL

JamesRL New Member

The Ridgeline isn't a full sized pickup, its a blend of a mid size and an SUV, and the Tow Ratings reflect that. It would be more truck like than an Explorer, Grand Cherokee, Pathfinder, Traverse, all of who have a similar tow rating.

And while you don't like it, it is made in Canada, whereas many GM trucks are made in Mexico....

13. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

I'm not hauling concrete in the bed of my ridgeline so I wasn't looking for a full size pick up truck. I bought his vehicle to tow my pup which weighs 2100 lbs. When I need to tow the 10K monster than I'll look into other options but this vehicle works well for all my needs. it averages 19 mpg towing so I'm really happy with it. it's worth looking at if your towing less than 5000, and a side note, when I arive at a camp ground and see a full size truck towing a low weight camper it looks kind of crazy to me because you certainly could have towed a much heavier camper or you really didnt need that full size pick up truck after all. just my opinion.

14. steved

steved New Member

While you might not, I have to laugh at everyone around here that does. I can't count how many Ridgelines, Explorer Truck-things, and Bajas I've seen dragging the bumper pulling out of the local Home Depot or Lowes. It has a purpose yes, but most people don't understand they have limits too...

And those of us with a "lighter" camper towing with a full size truck typically use our trucks for other things than a TV for the PUP. For instance, when I get home, I'm taking my lawn tractor for a ride to my grandfathers...my trailer weighs 2,400#s, the tractor weighs almost 6,000#s with the mower. Don't assume we don't need a full size truck just because of our PUP...I bought my PUP because it fits in the garage.

15. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

all points are well taken and everyone has a reason for why they buy what they buy. I had my reasons for purchasing my Ridgeline and it suits my lifestyle. No it's not a full size truck but I don't need that size truck. I needed an SUV style truck that had an open bed for putting stuff in the back on a rainy day and capable of towing my camper. so with that said, all is good. There isn't a right or wrong truck to own, it boils down to what suits you best.

16. steved

steved New Member

That was my point...

17. arthuruscg

arthuruscg Active Member

yep, some people need trucks and some people need minivans