Illinois 2019 Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Mid-West Region Rallies' started by ill.plainsman, Dec 2, 2018.

1. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

We have opened reservations on our rally at Starved Rock SP for this spring 2019. If some on here would be interested we are meeting May 31st thru June 2nd. 2019 . My site #21 we will use also as the rally site since there is plenty of room. There is quit a large area behind our site. Ive got two awnings and could use a couple more. There will be a potluck about 3 pm. After the potluck we will have a raffle and I must confess things are looking pretty good for it. Bring a dish to share and a good appetite. Bring your own lawn chairs and don't be shy. We are hoping to fill this end loop from #11 all the way around to #38. "There will be some crafts for the kids in the early afternoon and hiking of course in the morning. We will have a group campfire after the raffles. With pot pies and smoores and marshmallows too. A couple of games will be set out if we can get some fun games going. It all depends on you. If you've always wanted to do a rally step up and reserve a site as they go pretty fast. Especially in this campground. Welcome everyone. Let us know your campsite number so we can welcome you right. Happy camping.! Your wagon master Illinois Plainsman ;Doug.

2. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

We'll be there!!

3. kgesiako

kgesiako Active Member

Just booked site 31. This will be our first official rally, can’t wait!!

4. ill.plainsman

Great to have you! This is gonna be a great one. We have 10 or so on the FB side as well , all ready. I'm hoping for as many from here or even more, as well. If your having a time trying to decide we will have some crafts for the kids Saturday morning remember even without the rally, this is a fun place to camp, so sites go fast. Lots to do and with a rally; like the great people we have found so far we will make this a fun time as well. We have a potluck that won't stop, and a raffle drawing for pounds and pounds of fun. Next I do a pretty good campfire after the rally pot luck. Remember reservations are required for this one and sites are going fast to be together in the west campground. Please reserve soon and tell us your coming. See you all out there.

5. ksapet

ksapet New Member

Hello! This sounds like so much fun. It looks like all the sites might be booked at this point (when I check the Reserve America website). Is that the right spot to check?

6. ill.plainsman

Yea I'm afraid they book really fast out there.We be glad to have you out there. Come visit for the day if you can. We are having breakfast at 8am at my site #21. That will be the rally site#21. After breakfast we have a young lady doing crafts. She comes out with some coo ideas. Once Lori is done we can go on a hike. This place is great to hike with many trails. Ledges and rocks and streams or seeps all over. Bring your lawn chair for after your hike and rest at the rally site and get ready for a fantastic potluck. Bring something to share and enjoy our fantastic cooks. Potluck will be at 5:30. After you have filled up there will be a raffle and I've got some neat prizes. When we are done prizing everyone we will sit around the rally bonfire till long after dark shooting the bull. Having fun till long after dark is one of the things are really good at.