Illinois Beach State Park (First Outing!)

May 1, 2022
After a touch-and-go start to the trip due to the pop-up not staying cranked up, I was able to get everything together for our first outing in our new-to-us 2004 Coleman Santa Fe that has had several owners in our family over the years.

20220629_202755.jpg

This is the first time I've used the tire leveler, the pop-up gizmos, and a chunk of things we got for the interior, and it's been a challenge getting our two-year-old to sleep. We have him set up in a children's bed tent thing over in the full-size pullout.

20220630_081111.jpg

We were pleasantly surprised that they have a nice little playground toward the lake, although the sand base makes me feel like our son is likely playing in a communal litterbox.

20220630_085213.jpg

Illinois Beach State Park is definitely a pretty place on Lake Michigan and seems generally well-kept. We'd probably need to be here for an additional day to really experience everything we'd want to.

20220630_090730.jpg

I'm looking forward to the couple more trips we have planned prior to the arrival of our second child this fall!

TheBlurb

Mar 28, 2019
After a touch-and-go start to the trip due to the pop-up not staying cranked up, I was able to get everything together for our first outing in our new-to-us 2004 Coleman Santa Fe that has had several owners in our family over the years.

View attachment 85539

This is the first time I've used the tire leveler, the pop-up gizmos, and a chunk of things we got for the interior, and it's been a challenge getting our two-year-old to sleep. We have him set up in a children's bed tent thing over in the full-size pullout.

View attachment 85540

We were pleasantly surprised that they have a nice little playground toward the lake, although the sand base makes me feel like our son is likely playing in a communal litterbox.

View attachment 85541

Illinois Beach State Park is definitely a pretty place on Lake Michigan and seems generally well-kept. We'd probably need to be here for an additional day to really experience everything we'd want to.

View attachment 85542

I'm looking forward to the couple more trips we have planned prior to the arrival of our second child this fall!
Awesome!

Ladiesman

Super Active Member
Feb 6, 2018
The excitement of all the new things he is seeing and doing and not being in his normal bed is probably the reason he wont sleep well. We used to try and tucker ours out with a walk before bed. He will get used to it the more you go. Enjoy your trip. Camped there a few times it is a nice campground.