Illinois PopUp rally Fall 2018

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by ill.plainsman, Apr 9, 2018.

1. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

Im trying this again, just in case there is anyone from Illinois that hasn't been to one of these. Illinois PopUp Rally Fall 2018.
    Its lots and Lots of fun , interested and interesting people. We are lucky enough to have Lorie doing some craft ideas at the rally site on Saturday morning. A hike Saturday with Mike at the helm after that. Fishing all afternoon till 4:30 when the parade of children will be coming by in costume. Be ready for them. TRICK OR TREAT! Saturday evening we have a big potluck at 5:45. at Goose shelter. Bring a dish to share and your lawn chairs Our head wagon master this year is Michael Grfifiths and co wagon master is Dale Guthery. They will be doing a couple of raffles along with Mike Milo Tongate. They will be all over the whole weekend. They may not even leave till Monday if your entertaining enough. Saturday evening Doug, Illinois Plainsman, Will be roaring up the bon fire in his customary fashion. You don't want to miss it, bring your lawn chairs and Ill try to get you backing up from it.
    The particulars are Leroy Illinois at Moraine View State Park. On Dawson Lake. The Dates are October 5,6,7 th. Cost is $20 per night and reservations include a $5 fee through Reserve America. You don't want to wait as there might not be any sites close by. We are just about taking over the F and P loops, and there is still room in the E loop. All campsites are 35' long. The rally site will be in the F loop. Any more questions contact me here or on FB, or PM me. I think there are at least 20 popups right now. We even have about 5 HTTs. There are even a couple of dark siders. Looking for more so come on out.

steve7-4 and 2mommas like this.
  2. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

Was checking this out on ReserveAmerica and the map only shows sections B, C, D, E. Which are loops F and P? Can you give me a few campsite numbers? Thanks!

3. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

Ok, so I just answered my own question, never mind on that one. If you click a campsite, it tells you the loop.

New question: is there only 1 shower house? Where is the closest real toilet to F loop?

And where exactly is F loop? When I look on Google earth, I don't see it...

4. ill.plainsman

F loop is the inside of P loop. Not over to the right as it looks. I think they took this map off a paper one and it does look confusing. P goes downed and around and then comes out on E loop. F is on the inside of P and it comes out on the same place. Bathrooms are over between C & D loop by the playground equipment. This is the only one. It can be busy over there in the summer time with this many campers in the campground. But at this time of year it shouldn't be bad.

5. 2mommas

2mommas New Member

I have never been to the Illinois Rally/ Moraine View SP, but I'm looking into heading out this year. A few questions: where on the map can I find Goose Shelter and where is the rally site? Thanks!

6. ill.plainsman

Welcome to a good time.
    Goose shelter is back out to the road that goes around the lake, from the campground, and turn right. Then its on the left about a 1/2 mile or so. If your here you won't have any trouble finding it as there will be a lot of cars parked and a lot of people coming up to the shelter with food and lawn chairs. As far as the rally site it usually is in F loop. Im sorry but I forgot which number. Ill look around and see if the Wagon Master has got it secured. There usually gotten when they get theirs.There are only a couple handfuls of F sites. Standing in the center of F loop you can see the back of all those in F. As well as the front of half of those in P loop. You can even see some of those in E sites.
    Hope you make it. Let us know what site your in and when your coming in and leaving so we can be sure to get a welcome packet made out for you. Also , question, do you have any kids with you? We will have a trick or treat dress up before the potluck. Again welcome.

7. sjohnson21415

sjohnson21415 New Member

This is great Hubby and I bought our first pop up over the weekend. I think we will attend have to talk to him first that is his birthday weekend should be a great time!

Natureangel and 2mommas like this.
  8. ill.plainsman

sjohnson welcome. We have a blast at these things. We, DW & I started coming a while back and got hooked. We now can't miss because they are as slow or as fast a weekend that you will want. We are both retired and we enjoy watching the kids running around. There is also crafts and a fire with a potluck in between. Talking to everyone can take a while too. If you have any questions, we have a lot of people who have quite a bit of experience. Experience in traveling and in camper repair and just about anything you can do around a popup campsite. We also have your age of interest I think. DW and I are about the oldest upper 60s , lower 70s and we have from us down to those in the 20's as parents or adults at least. Then we have the kids, some teens and all the way down to 1 , a lot in single digits. We even have a costume trick or treat event. You won't believe my campsite decorations or Jims or Rameys. Quite a few of us decorate for the season. Also this will be the last rally for a while. The next one will be a spring event and they take a year to get to, ha ha. Just kidding. Winter goes so slow around here. So heres hoping you get to come. Illinois parks can be fun.

2mommas likes this.
  9. sjohnson21415

sjohnson21415 New Member

It sounds like fun and being in our 40's its a nice idea to just get away and mingle with others like ourselves. The park is only a few hours from us and traveling the back roads is an adventure in itself which I love! Its funny you mention repairs I am facing one this weekend that I am unsure about but it beats the $900 they want to fix it. Wish me luck :) Haven't been able to talk to hubby yet we work opposite shifts so i wont see him for a couple of days yet. Our first pop up and a group of people just like us I'm sure he will want to go.

10. ill.plainsman

Ah so good to hear that. Let us know what site you reserve P section starts right by the gate house on your right as you come in but you will need to be down much farther where the P area forms a loop. If you want to be close to the action. of course we are in more than one loop. F loop & E loop are also where we are congregating. Like I've said before we will try and have a welcome package for people we know are coming. Good luck on your repairs by the way. What kind are they? Heres hoping everything works out. If your looking for more info on the rally or our group you can go to Illinois PopUps on FB for more about us. Or chit chat right here. A few of us started here and continue returning here. I like both sites personally. Although FB will get me while Im out and about.lol.

11. sjohnson21415

sjohnson21415 New Member

I will look for you on FB for sure. I think one of my cables broke or slipped off the eye hook not looking forward to tearing my new (used) camper apart. Then after thats done going to redo the inside all Chicago White Sox .

12. ill.plainsman

I see you got the eye hook hooked up. Good. Meanwhile to everyone out here, It looks like this spring rally in a week and a half over at Tompson Causeway on the 18, 19th, & 20th might have to be moved. They are saying the park will start being flooded on tomorrow some time and wont be back open till another couple weeks. We are trying to see where we can get about 20 popups. We will try and notify anyone who wants to know where we are. Peace to all till we figure this out. It won't be long.

13. ill.plainsman

Again as I said earlier we have moved the Thompson Causeway rally to MiddleFork forest preserve. Same weekend just a different place. The FALL rally is still on for Morain Veiw at Dawson lake just north of Leroy Illinois. Sites inP,F,and E. Crafts, Trick or treat Costumes a potluck and great conversations. October 5, 6, &7th. Doug will have a fire going all weekend. You know how that will be.[Guitar][{:)]

14. steve7-4

steve7-4 'I'd rather be camping'

That's Doug, we are looking forward to see you and Susan on Thursday.

Steve and Jody