I'm A Campaholic!

Discussion in 'Jokes And Campfire Stories / Songs' started by PopUpSteve, Oct 16, 2021.

1. azwildcat

azwildcat New Member

in my tent camping days and i still worked all we had was the weekends, so 1 sometime 2 days if i took a vacation day from work was all we had, i am not going to say anything about those people because i was one of them, now that i'am retired i can stay as long as i want

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

I'll have to ask Courtenay if he's done Snake Gulch. We haven't done Kanab Point, as best I can remember. We've been to both Rim of Grand Canyon over the last 30 years, more often in the last 15 or 20, so just what all we've done tends to run together. I know we went driving on the national forest roads on North Rim a few years back, and found a remote campsite, but it wasn't Kanab Point.
    Next year, Courtenay will only have an overnight stay at North Rim, before I deliver him to Marble Canyon, the drop-off point for his raft trip through the Canyon. I'll have a few more days at North Rim, but I don't do much that's really remote by myself anymore.

3. Susan Premo

Susan Premo Well-Known Member

You should be a teacher!

DiamondGirl and Mark CASTELLANI like this.
  4. rosieposie7

rosieposie7 New Member

Same here with the camp schedule with our kids. Soccer games, birthday parties, life. But I do plan the camp trips, as a family bonding experience. That includes just weekend same Friday setup, to Sunday teardown. Is it worth it? Yes. Minimal but necessary is my strategy. I did want to say that camping for one night or a few hours, we have done this before as well. As a stop by campground, as we really venturing to our end destination of say, Disney or Maine. Our teens are outgrowing or even not enjoying as much the traveling, as their noses are consistently on phones, but I think they still pretend for my sake.

DiamondGirl and Mark CASTELLANI like this.
  5. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office

Thankfully I think my teens still enjoy it. It helps that we relaxed the "no electronics" rule a few years ago and they can still connect to their games and their friends.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    DiamondGirl likes this.