i'm from new mexico and yes we are part of the USA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by wildbeehoney, Mar 25, 2017.

1. wildbeehoney

wildbeehoney New Member

hi...from Artesia, just bought a really small coleman pu. it is a step up from our ole Starcraft which the pull outs were missing. but we were still able to camp in it. but we wanted something new and with the pull outs. galley is smaller, but sleeps more comfortable and has less issues. much lighter to pull for our Toyota Tacoma PU....did great coming back from the mountains ...hardly knew we were pulling anything. We set it up for the first time last night. Not much room in the galley, but we decided we wouldn't take small fridge and microwave unless we were on a weeklong trip....otherwise we will go with what's there. it has an awning and screen attachment....a Mr. Heater, generator 1000 watt, propane tank, place to put stove on outside, sleeps 7. Looked almost new, 1996, been garaged....some minor hair dings on top. We gave 1900 for it and for what we were looking for, it fit the bill. Would appreciate any comments. (date wrong on camera)

coleman laredo 1996.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    bob barnes likes this.
  2. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Welcome to the Portal from Southern Ontario. Glad to have you join the group.

Thats a nice looking unit for $1900, congrats!

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Welcome from King George VA...

Back in my working days spent a whole lot of time in the T or C area of NM working on a Space Surveillance Satellite Detection facility owned by the US NAVY of all people.

Used to live in Tempe AZ and did a whole bunch of Tent camping all over the high country of VA and into the Gila Natl Forest in NM. Great get away places there camping off-grid... Your smaller POPUP will most definitely be right at home camping off grid along the many forest service roads over there...

In my working days I used to drive US82 from Wichita Falls Texas to TorC NM which runs right through your home town.

Have many good memories of working in your beautiful state of NM. FOlks there sure know how to party haha...

Drove across one time using a NAVY truck and pulled into a hamburger place and parked right beside another NAVY truck. What are the odds for two US NAVY trucks be found together in NM haha... Turns out they were workers at the NAVY Long Array VLA outside of Socorro NM... We were driving the same direction so I got to visit that facility and get a first hand look of things...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    bob barnes likes this.
  4. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

Welcome from Albuquerque. Looks like you got all you need for camping. Plenty of camping West of you.
    What Tacoma do you have?

5. bknjohnson

bknjohnson Tyngsboro MA

Welcome and congrats! Bought our PUP new when we lived in Albuquerque and enjoyed camping all over the four corners states before being moved back to the east coast. Enjoy the PUP!

6. XKPin

XKPin There's no situation so bad it can't be made worse

Yeah. . . New Mexico - it is a part of south America [:D]! Welcome from Virginia. Love the pup! Perfect size for everywhere!

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Welcome from ABQ.
    The Colorado Rally is just outside Durango this year - last year everyone who camped was from NM! It's in July, the link in my signature line will take you to the info on it.
    The Quad-State Rally is in Utah this year (http://www.popupportal.com/threads/2017-quad-state-rally.100934/page-4) in June. 2018 will be NM's turn again, we've talked about Navajo Lake SP.

8. BrandNewCamper

BrandNewCamper New Member

Congrats on your new purchase. Use it in good health!
    Best of luck,
    JP

9. rabird

rabird Howdy!

what a jewel

10. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Welcome! Hope to see you on a Rally soon!

11. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Very nice looking rig for 1900 you will get a world of good out of it. We run a bare-boned 2008 aliner we gave 3500 for nothing fancy but love the fact we can set it up in a minute. Sounds impossible but we can!!