IN - Shakamak State Park

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by dlstover, Jun 9, 2009.

1. dlstover

dlstover New Member

Has anyone been to this state park? Just trying to find out any info on it, Thanks

2. jpohlcat

jpohlcat New Member

3. zinger60

zinger60 New Member

I have not been there either but if you go, post some things about how you liked or did not like it. This is our first summer with a pop-up and we are wanting to visit alot of parks mostly in Indiana...kind of staying close to home until we get a bigger tow vehicle. We have camped several times at Potato Creek State Park and love it. We visited Pokagan State Park a few weeks ago to see what it was like and we are going camping there next week.

4. justforfun

justforfun Just Havin Fun

Did you end up going to Shakamak?
    I want to go myself.

5. ndmac

ndmac New Member

We live twenty miles from it it is a very nice park.
    Nice camping. fishing & hunting-if you hunt ( In season of course)
    Swiming Hiking etc...

6. scsteven

scsteven New Member

We just got home from Shakamak and had a GREAT time!! We ran trail 1, which goes all the way around Lake Shakamak, we went into Linton to explore, had lunch at Goosepond Pizza (awesome!!!), and then went to movie theatre. We hiked the other trails, which were very nice. The campsites to have were 35 and 34. These are on the lake. Nice big sites overall. The restrooms were nice and clean, though the bathhouse closest to the lake, the men's shower was gang style. There's a nice new bathhouse in the non-electric that hubby used instead. We liked it there and will definitely go back!!

7. tvketchum

tvketchum New Member

Indiana State Parks have a lot of bathhouses with high school locker room style showers for the men. As they are replaced, they get individual shower stalls. I wish they would go to the arrangement Michigan, Missouri and other states use- where the showers are individual stalls with deadbolt lock doors that are first come first serve for either gender, as they are not inside the restrooms, but ususally, across from the them.