IN-Tippecanoe River State Park

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by zinger60, Jun 28, 2011.

1. zinger60

zinger60 New Member

We camped there last summer and loved it. There was not a mosquito problem there when we camped since it was pretty dry but I heard that it can be pretty bad. We have had a wet summer so far so I am wondering if anyone has camped there this summer and how is the mosquito problem this year so far?

2. tvketchum

tvketchum New Member

We pack Raid Yard Guard now, and it helps in addtion to OFF.

3. scsteven

scsteven New Member

We are headed there this coming weekend and we can't wait!!! I'll post a report!

4. haroldpe

haroldpe Campin' Engineer

Haven't been there for a few years. Nice quiet park. Should be good this early - i would think mosquitoes would not be a problem, YET. Don't miss the great trails and a trip up the fire tower.

5. scsteven

scsteven New Member

I just realized that I neglected to post a report! We camped here about 6 weeks ago and it was nice. The campsites were nice and big. Lots of shade. I can see how it would be very buggy come summer. We hiked from the campground to the firetower on a shared trail. The trail was deep sand so that was kind of rough on my Dad's knees. The firetower was cool. We got to climb up it. The next day we hiked on a trail that followed the river and that was really nice. I wish I had brought my running shoes because that would have been a perfect running trail! All-in-all, I give this park a thumbs-up. It's about 1 hr. 15 min from where we live, plus my family lives about 15 mins from there so it's an easy place for all of us to get together.

6. rurbaniak

rurbaniak New Member

Just wonder if the park has Water hookup? This park is about 10 mins from in-laws, and the next one is about 45 minutes away.

7. haroldpe

haroldpe Campin' Engineer

It's been awhile, but, like most Indiana star parks, water fillups are typical from a spigot near the entrance, or via spigots located around the loops. Not hookups. You cannot stay hooked up. Usually electric only.

Like shown on the campground map.
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/tippecanoe_electric.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. rurbaniak

rurbaniak New Member

Ah, Okay. Thanks!