Indian Springs or High Falls??

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by Tolleykatz, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Tolleykatz

Tolleykatz New Member

We want to take the [PU] camping next weekend...and we are trying to decide between Indian Springs and High Falls. Any pro's and con's would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Sara

2. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

Definitely Indian Springs! We visited High Falls while camping at Indian Springs last year. We didn't like it at all. Also, heard drug dealers like to "work" out of the High Falls campground. ???
    We really liked Indian Springs. We were in a loop where we were basically by ourselves. The other loop was full when we were there. It seemed like there were a lot of locals that knew each other, many with elementary-aged children. I'm thinking I left a review, I'll have to check.

3. jackcamper

jackcamper Hello fellow campers!

I have been to both and prefer indian Springs. It is better maintained, even has cable tv and putt putt and has a very nice lake. Its a very nice campground.

4. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

We've been to High Falls and liked it, but I can't give a contrast to Indian Springs as I've never been there. High Falls was plenty clean and had great walking hikes and plenty of space. We camped on a loop near the river and had a nice "backyard" to ourselves. If you go, please leave a review of Indian Springs as we have considered a trip there.

Belch

5. Tolleykatz

Tolleykatz New Member

We just booked our trip for next weekend....WHY are we camping in Aug??? Oh yeah....because we are itching to use our NTU PUP!! LOL!! Atleast there is a lake to use. And hopefully we can play in the creek too.

We will be going with another couple and their PUP....

Sara

6. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

I think we camped at Indian Springs in the late 60's. Used to be only dirt road, trees and bears if I remember correctly.

Me, the wife, two kids, a dog, 6 tents, 18 sleeping bags, and a trailer. I think we need a bigger trailer! (Clipper 126 being ordered...) Yippee!

7. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

So which one did you choose?
    papachaz did a review of High Falls last year, and I had a reply to it. I guess I forgot to write a review of Indian Springs.

8. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Sounds like a great park! Hope you have a great time!

9. jwsowell

jwsowell New Member

We stayed at High Falls last October and visited Indian Springs. I will do exactly the opposite next time. High Falls is a great day park to visit, but the campground by the lake is too small and close to the highway for my taste. The lower campground by the river seemed nicer, but the amenities are not that many at the park if you stay more than a day or two. Indian Springs is big and spread out. More trails, big usable lake with rental boats. Do visit High Falls, though. Just stay at Indian Springs.