Input of my situation

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by silverfz, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Wow great deal!

2. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

My spell checker and auto correction jumbles words like crazy on my phone.

3. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Wow--that's great! What are you trading for?

4. mjsny

mjsny Member

I am the other side of the trade. Ironic situation. We both bought the PUPs within a week of each other at about the same price. My wife did not want a bathroom/shower and silverfz's wife wanted a bathroom/shower and an AC, so we worked out a trade and everyone is happy now. We are close enough to meet for the swap. Like silverfz said is a previous post...this is a great site.

5. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Wow, what a coincidence!

Now, both of you need to post pics of your NTU rigs. ;)

6. mjsny

mjsny Member

I know everyone likes pictures so we will get some group shots of both PUPs opened up together when we meet & make the swap.

7. froggie

froggie New Member

Porta potty or bucket for night time. Give the kids jobs to get them involved in the popup process. You'd be surprised how helpful even the youngest can be.

8. chippers

chippers New Member

After a rough day, this just restores my faith in humanity. Glad to see this work out so well!

9. Tolleykatz

Tolleykatz New Member

OMG! What a great out come!! I really hope all works out and you can make the trade happen!!

Don't give up on the PUP!! I put mine up and take it down all by myself while DH plays with the kids. Then he unloads the truck while I play with the kids. Then we switch off again while I put the pup together again.... **our kids are 6 and 2, btw**

And we keep a potty chair for the kids to use while camping...

10. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

I am holding on to the popup.love the whole sleeping under the canvas deal .especially when parked near trees its like being in a tree house.

the one thing i have to get is another tow vehcile. with a 6 and 3 yr old ,bikes , dog stuff and our stuff the explorer is just not working out.

11. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Great that you were able to do a trade, a win-win for you both.

12. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Congrads to you both on getting what you wanted...Hope to see it turn into a good friendship to boot.
    As for the kids, We have always had or kids help out some way or another during set up and take down, cleaning up the site to gathering fire wood to setting up there own tents. On our last trip the 20 month old Grandson was involved in helping set up....He followed Pop around bringing wood blocks for chocking and the Stabs....Would it have been easier to stick him up in front of a TV and out of the way? Yes but it was funner having him try and help, and he is learning. Packing up he pushed his Dumptruck around picking up the blocks and piled them at the front of the camper, pulled up all the solar lights, and kept throwing his ball down the hill...
    2 out of three aint bad.... :)

13. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

A trade.. That's the best. The site is awesome.

As for the dog and storage space. Try a roof top carrier. I moved away from using mine because the E3 has the awesome space out front. Carrier is another fairly cheap buy to get more room inside. I have a 100 pound dog, and the back is all his so in the same boat as you.

14. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

That is really great to hear!!

And we like pictures!!

15. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Me and Mike met in CT and swapped -plate ,check and went on our way .

The utah - 12 days of camping and alot of great memories for 2 months of ownership. we already realized how big the storage was in the utah . it let us pack a tonne. wife definitely thinks we need a new TV to carry our stuff.the flaggstaff is compact and lighter.

[​IMG]

ready for the swap

[​IMG]

16. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

We did it with a taurus wagon and an apache mesa. same situation but with MIL with us as well.

So what will y'all be getting next? I rented a ford flex and a host of mopar mini-vans and had plenty of room. I swapped out kids strollers/playyards and bikes for walkers and wheelchairs and still had enough room.

Jerry in MA

17. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

We have a 2011 explorer that towed the utah , but its the wifes and she is not comfortable towing . especially the dealer telling her without the tow package its good for 2000lbs even thought we should be good with the 3000 lbs we towed with a class III hitch.

we so far test drove a titan , tundra , dodge ram , f150 . we are looking at something with 70-80k miles . seems trucks are crazy expensive [I am not a truck guy].
    we loved the titan space and features but they are so rare that the market does not have many . even those are crazy expensive with alot of miles.

18. mjsny

mjsny Member

PUPs going to their new homes and families for hopefully many enjoyable and memory filled trips. Dealing with silverfz was a pleasure. I am a Jets fan and he is a Pats fan so we got to listen to our respective teams play each other on the drive home.

[​IMG]
    2012 Flagstaff 228D

[​IMG]
    2010 Coleman Utah

19. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Glad it worked out for both of you!!

20. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Mike was a great guy to deal with too. I think we both saved the hassel of selling it and then buying something else and maybe lossing some money in the transaction .

he is the first popupportal member i met and what agreat experience.