Installed New Gizmos this Weekend

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by PoPuP Pistol, May 23, 2021.

1. PoPuP Pistol

PoPuP Pistol New Member

I like them and will put them to the test this summer. I ordered the velcro but only one came with velcro on it. I had to buy the other side of the velcro anyways (they don't supply the "hook" side) so luckily I had some already.

Attached Files:

Sjm9911 and hayyward like this.
  2. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Congrats! And you got the super high wind version, good choice. I had the high wind version on my Bayside for years, and they are totally worth the money.

Jwwiff, Sjm9911 and hayyward like this.
  3. hayyward

hayyward Active Member Gold Supporting Member

Does anyone have the "Pug Ears" accessory sold here? They look like a very good add-on.
    [​IMG]

4. Jwwiff

Jwwiff Member

I also ordered the Velcro ones three years ago for my bayside and ended up ordering the hook side off ebay and fastening it to the inside of the top. I leave them on when taking the top down.

This last weekend we had quite a bit of rain and after a day of drying out, I noticed that he pugs were not “normal.” On closer inspection, the pugs were retaining water like a plastic bag. I have had them for 3 years and it appears that maybe the reflector surface has some holes and the lower layer does not, thereby holding water when it rains. I took a knife and made a small incision in the areas of water retention. No worse for the wear but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this?