Interesting geocaching placements

Discussion in 'GPS / Geocaching & Mapping Applications' started by MRFIXIT, Dec 28, 2013.

1. MRFIXIT

MRFIXIT New Member

I bought myself a new Android phone that has a GPS. So I installed the geocaching app, and started looking for caches around my house. These are not to far from me. Does anyone else have an interesting arrangement like this that they have come across?

[​IMG]

2. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Nothing like that around here, but thats pretty cool. The RIP ones that are geoart for the Boothill Cemetery in Tombstone, (the series is just NE of hwy's 82 & 90), hits close to home as I own a cache called 'Boot Hill" in mid northern Ontario, #GC3YRM4.
    Mine is a cemetery cache that is close to where my folks live and goes along with my liking of Western/Gunslinger books. (read Ralph Cotton)

Ya know?, when you zoom in on that with the google earth, that looks like a pretty massive area that the caches are spread over. It also looks like rattlesnake and scorpion territory to me. Guess you gotta wear thick/high boots when going through there.

I've never seen these geoarts before and has got me thinking that maybe I should set something like this up around here.

3. bknjohnson

bknjohnson Tyngsboro MA

If you search near Mountain Home Idaho, I believe a little to the south and west, there is a massive pattern in the shape of a train locomotive complete with puffs of smoke.

4. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

I love Tucson! [8D]

5. bfahs

bfahs Member

I was searching in Western Indiana and there were several out there. A large Football as I recall.

6. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

That train is fantastic. Can't even imagine how long it would take to set that up.

7. bknjohnson

bknjohnson Tyngsboro MA

Or how long to find them all... Between that and the huge power trail in Nevada (the ET Highway I think?), or others like it, would love to do those someday.