Introducing yourself

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by chiefbowes, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Ken1967

Ken1967 Can't wait to Camp!

I find most campers are always friendly and greeting you in your site from the road, long before you even get close enough to strike up a convo.

2. BJorL

BJorL Barry Jammer and/or Layya Jammer

Hey, nice pic. Don't knock it till you try it.

But, I guess that is one way to make friends, or get them to leave you alone.

3. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

Heck I can do that with my kids..

4. Detroit_Iron

Detroit_Iron Member

Usually I give a quick hello and an invite to come by and play a game of washers or bags ect. If you stop by , great if not next time I will give a quick wave to stay friendly but leave it at that. I prefer to toss out an invite to my site than intrude on a neighbors with small talk.....

5. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....."

6. Indy

Indy Member

ROFL!!!

On the (w)hole, that looks a bit too warm.

Seriously though. I agree that small talk with strangers stresses me out a tad and doesn't come naturally. I do it all week for work, but it just depends on my mood on the weekends.

A couple weeks ago, we picked up our brand new 2013 pup, left straight from the dealer with the TV packed to the rim, and pulled into a state park at 9pm. It was our first time ever setting up the new pup. It was dark. It was 1 hour til quiet time. And we had to unload all the crap from the prior pup out of the TV and find a home for it. Wouldnt'cha know Mr. Friendly next door pops out the second we pull up and tries to engage us in conversation while we're unloading, starts asking questions about his new pup and how to do it, etc. etc. etc. He was a very nice guy really, and we didn't mind chatting with him the entire rest of the weekend. But please oh PLEASE let us get unloaded and popped up... or heck, offer to assist even!