Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kcbradybunch, Mar 9, 2016.

1. kcbradybunch

kcbradybunch New Member

We are newbies to the pop-up world. Just bought a 2011 Jayco 1207 camper. So excited to get camping! We are from Kansas City Missouri. We plan on hitting a lot of the national parks in the summers. We both work at schools and are off in the summer. I am sure we will be on here asking all sorts of questions when we get going. Thanks in advance for your help! [PU] [PUT] [:D]

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Welcome from NM.
    National Parks, and the places nearby or on the route make up a good portion of our travels. If you haven't done much traveling in the NPs yet, be aware that summer is heavy visitation season. It can be better if you plot out the trip ahead of time and make reservations, especially if you want to stay in the parks themselves. Also check out the park websites, and reservation services - fro example, I discovered that the campground in Arches NP is scheduled to be closed for over half of 2017. Not all park campgrounds are on reservations system, though, finding a first-come, first-served site can vary from easy to ridiculous.
    [Note, some like to just wing it, but after a few failures to find campsites in the mid-90s, my husband and I have chosen to reserve as often as we can - our goal is to see the area, not search for campsites.]

3. Keith Hawkins

Keith Hawkins Active Member

Congrats on the NTU PUP!

Welcome to the site where there is a lot of great advice and even better people!

4. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

Ditto on the Welcome. Just remember to RELAX. Work is over rated, except for the income part. Happy Trails

5. Ny_Paul

Ny_Paul New Member

welcome!