Invitation To All Guests Of PopUpPortal

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by themanfromvan, Jul 22, 2005.

1. MrBuddy

MrBuddy New Member

Been a member since May 22 2007
    Some times I'm away for a while
    but miss it
    so like a old stray cat once you feed me I'll keep coming back

2. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Iowa there are people who live in Iowa

3. SpoonerBound

SpoonerBound New Member

I'm still here! Found this place in 2007. Ended up with a hard pregnancy and then had some health problems after that, but I'm back to reading again and will post when the ugre hits me. :)

4. Grim54

Grim54 St. Clair Shores, MI

Nobody lives in IOWA on purpose!

5. krh1130

krh1130 New Member

I have lurked for about a year now....finally signed up. :)

My husband and I bought a great 1994 Jayco last summer and will be taking our first trip in July with it. We are going to Myrtle Beach for 2 weeks. We have gotten some great ideas and tips from this site....so THANKS to all of you!!!!

6. Mike-n-Bonnie

Mike-n-Bonnie New Member

We are new to pup - have camped for years -- visited French Creek Crew yesterday - Just made our reservations for site at Promised Land State Park last night - would have been at French Creek except had tow vehicle issues - so we did DRIVEWAY CAMP - SITE 1 --

7. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

I'm very excited about being a member, having so much information at my fingertips and looking forward to getting through all the posts, one at a time.

Camping...It Ain't For Sissies

8. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

We sure have had a new members explosion lately. Wasn't it just a short time back Steve posted on the front page about reaching a milestone. Now we are over 13,400!

9. kurtes

kurtes Reno, NV

I tell everyone I meet, if they have a pup of course, to come and check this place out. I don't know if they come in or if they just peek through the windows, but if it helps them even half as much as it has been helping me I'm sure it's a good thing.

10. mianro

mianro New Member

I just have to say, I am so thankful I found this site!! Everyone here has been sooo nice, and sooo helpful, and just really cool! THANK YOU to everyone who has given ME a hand!!

For example... anyone remember when we were camping on our maiden voyage and had a question about lighting the HWH?? I had my "crackberry" which has a browser, so I was able to go to this site from my phone, and ask for advice and then... GET ANSWERS!! One of the CG people ended up coming by and helping us, but suppose we had no help?? It would've taken a bit longer, but I'm SURE that I would've arrived at the same end result (hot water!) had the guy not come along!

The modifications that people have done to their campers are just amazing, and have inspired me to try to do some myself. Just the idea of putting some solar blankets (red on one side, silver on the other) on top of my bunk ends, clipped on, REALLY made a difference diminishing the heat coming thru the white vinyl, not to mention, darkening it up a bit so we weren't awakened at the crack of dawn (literally) by the sun blazing down onto our bunk end! Finding stuff to clean the vinyl with... hearing about the BAL leveler.... LED lights.... fridge mods (still working on that one, but I think I'll be doing ok with the help I've recieved on here)... got a good deal on a brake controller that somone on here was selling, as well as advice about the harness it needed... the list goes on and on, folks!!

REMEMBER!!! You may have advice that someone else on here may desperately need!

C'mon! Join the club!

BEST OF ALL... IT'S FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! (but you can donate to the cause to help with the site upkeep, if you want, or buy a Popup Portal trinket or two which also helps with the site upkeep!)

Just sayin'.... :)

11. Noni

Noni See ya' out there !

FREE

Free support
    Free information on campgrounds
    Free information on PU manufacturers
    Free advise on modifications
    Free cooking ideas
    Free networking with others with the same passion of camping
    Free ...

and the list goes on and on.....

One more reason to join and share with others your passion for camping !

12. Agcflash

Agcflash Lets Go Camping!!!

What a refreshing site!!!!!!!! A place where you can get help and it does NOT require your credit card. What an idea.
    Think of it as a Cooperative. It is only as good as its members. And luckily for us, that is REALLY GREAT! Because we have great members!!!!! [SUN]

13. wearcollora

wearcollora New Member

Great site My wife already calls me a pop up dork [:D] and we will not make our first trip in old pup till friday I love this place

14. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

This sit has alot of good info and the people good and to all guests join and if you can go to one rallys there fun.

15. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

I was one of those that hesitated to become a member. I was such a Newbie that I did not know where to begin. However, after viewing and posting on this site for awhile, there was absolutely no reason to delay. PUP newbies are given much help and support. This community loves PUP camping and enjoys sharing leasons learned and their camping experiences. Accordingly, all guests, sign up. You will be glad you did!

16. ak_nd

ak_nd New Member

Bravo and thanks to all those people that post interesting questions and interesting answers too. I have learned so much and received such good advice - it is good to be a newbie here!

Happy camping!

17. lisa73

lisa73 New Member

I love this site only been a member since July 2010 I happened to come across it when searching the internet on how to repair/patch holes in my canvis. I really love all the pictures of modifications to the pop-ups. I have found quite a few things I will be trying. I have learned how to:
    clean mildew stains
    sew holes in my screens
    iron patches in my canvis
    repair water damage to my roof
    install a portable A/C unit
    build collapsable wire shelving
    use air mattress inplace of stock mattress
    sew my own curtains
    replace privacy curtains tabs with cheap expandable curtain rod
    just to name a few things all in a matter of a couple of months I think I owe this sight some money for all the money it has saved me, Thanks Lisa

18. Xolthrax

Xolthrax Franconia, Pa.

Franconia, Pa. Butter capital of the East
    Only a few years ago I was a complete newbie. My only popup experience was camping with my brother who owned one. After camping with him for several years, I knew that I needed a popup of my own. I went out shopping and blindly stumbled into a really good deal. I was so clueless that I bought one beyond my TV's capability and wound up replacing the TV a year or two later.

I had no idea what I was doing. I'm mechanically inclined, but was completely clueless about campers in general. I spent a LOT of time on this site and it really helped to develop my passion for popup camping. I have learned more than could have imagined and used that to modify my camper into one that really suits the needs of me and my family very well. Because of that, I felt obliged to share my experiences on the chance that I could help someone else the same way others helped me.

Here I am several years and almost 5,000 posts later still addicted to this site.

19. edmonton_camper

edmonton_camper Loving it.

Gotta say Xolthrax, I have learned a lot from you. Thank you sir and thank you to the other countless people who have encouraged my weird obsession with my PUP.

20. kc8pny

kc8pny Member

I too am glad I finally decided to join after about a year and half of just looking around. I also think its because now that we are using the PUP again that helped make my decision.
    I welcome all the Guest from Ohio and Indiana to join.