Invitation To All Guests Of PopUpPortal

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by themanfromvan, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Xolthrax

Xolthrax Franconia, Pa.

Franconia, Pa. Butter capital of the East
    We're glad to have you bruceac1. Ask all the questions you want. That's what this site is for.

2. shab

shab New Member

I too snuck around a few times just trying to find a few things. Take for instance the manuals, what an awesome offering. Then after checking on a few other things, I realized quickly, this site is awesome. This is going to be fun. I just joined a few days ago, posted a thread and folks are replying and helping me make decisions. To them, I say thank you. See you all around the forum.

3. DavenDonna

DavenDonna New Member

We pulled in today and figure to sit a spell and stay awhile.... We're happy to find this portal.

4. dschlosser

dschlosser Active Member

DavenDonna - Welcome aboard!

5. tampajim

tampajim New Member

This has to be the longest (time period) post ever!

6. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Jim you have 3 years on us... All I can say is great site and the Florida campers rock... Nothing against the rest of you folks but the rally participation is awesome down this way and terrific folks to meet! [SUN]

7. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

I still stand by every word in my original post, too. I'm not on here as much as I used to be because of that evil, time wasting site called Facebook (I'm an addict - I admit it.... :)). But, there's no other site like this site. I mean, where else can a person who lives in winter time 7 months of the year go for his camping fix?

Thanks to all who have joined and continue to offer their valuable input and expertise.

8. tampajim

tampajim New Member

David.....I appreciate your longevity. Been many a times I have stopped and read a post from "themanfromvan".

9. tampajim

tampajim New Member

Frank...another shamless plug for the Florida Rallys????? We also appreciate all the time you put in in delivering a great time of fellowship and entertainment during our rallies. People like you too help keep the Portal going.

10. rcgapeach50

rcgapeach50 New Member

I am new to this. Purchased a 1987 Starcraft Constellation. Redoing it top to bottom including new canvas. She is gonna be on the road the rest of my natural life and we want to style and profile her. Now back to reality. How do I post before and after pics of her on here. This is mind boggling to navigate around in here to me. But I enjoy what I am reading. Camping is the one thing my husband and I enjoy besides riding his motorcycle. I have graduated from the tent to the PU and am really looking forward to the camping life. I live in Armuchee Ga and have two great campgrounds 15 minutes from the house. Drop by and give me a shout out and get a "How to Navigate" conversation started. Peace Out!!

11. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Welcome to the forum!

You can not "upload" images directly to Popupportal, you must store your images on an image service like Webshots, Flickr or PhotoBucket or one of many other images servers.

This is what I do.

Sign into Webshots.
    Choose the photo I wish to use.
    Click on "Link To It" in the menu on the right.
    Select the photo size of 500 or 600. Do not exceed 600 Pixels.
    Highlight and copy the URL (Link) in the "Direct Link to Image" option
    Go to the forum thread where I wish to post the image.
    Choose "Reply" (Do not use the "Quick reply Box").
    Type my reply and when I want to insert the picture in my reply, click the "Insert Image" button located in the top tool bar.
    Paste the Link you copied from Webshots between the symbols.
    Click on Preview.
    Continue with my post and when finished, click "Post"

12. Tafty

Tafty New Member

Yall need a facebook page.

13. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

14. brit

brit Loving-Life

I'll bake the choccy chip cookie, teehee

15. starcrafty

starcrafty Guest

Free prize to anyone not from GA who can correctly pronounce this. Then try Lafayette, GA.

16. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

And how would you pronounce Taliaferro, GA? (No one from GA is allowed to vote either!) [LOL] No prize except education. [8D]

17. starcrafty

starcrafty Guest

The prize that keeps on giving. It may be a question on "Who wants to be a Millionaire", (Slumdog Millionaire).

18. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

Interesting that it's almost midnight and there's 80 guests on the portal. C'mon, join the club. We don't bite. [:)C]

19. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

I guess some folks are just shy about joining. Sure wish they would, more people=more advice, more information and more fun. Everyone has something useful to add to the discussion. No question is to trivial and no answer is unwelcome.Come on, join in.

20. ColmanKid68

ColmanKid68 New Member

I have to agree, there is a ton of information on this website for pop up owners or any camper for that matter. I have gathered plenty of information to get started on my 84 Coleman that I just bought for $500! This will be my starter PUP, who knows, I am so excited about this thing now, I may not get rid of it when I finish the modifications. I will post pics of all mods as I progress over the next 2 months. I will be camping and working on it at the same time, so this winter will see the major work, all with ideas from this website! I was on the site for 5 hours last Sunday and my wife said "do you know how long you've been on there looking around?" I said, an hour or two... she said, no 5! She wasn't mad, more like excited that I was really into this new hobby...